If you are driven with a passion for our sportswear products, have an insatiable hunger to grow and learn within the Supply Chain space and you feel you are ready to take the next step in your journey then we invite you to apply for the Value Chain Trainee opportunity available at Mr Price Sport.
The objective of your role will be to provide administrative support in the proactive execution and monitoring of all Supply Chain activities in line with the divisional strategy to be cost-effective and add value to planned sales targets.
Include but not limited to:
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing key metrics across the value chain to measure performance and highlight potential risks to the business.
- Support with identifying opportunities to reduce shipping costs through consolidation, container utilization, and shipment planning initiatives to maximize additional profitability opportunities. As well as opportunities to reduce waste in the value chain.
- Provide support in the developing and implementing of a short and long term Supply Chain strategy to support the business needs and merchandise direction
- Support with the collating and validating of key onboarding documents. Report any supplier non-compliance to respective Buyer/Sourcing Specialist/ Supply Chain Manager.
- Assist and guide new suppliers to ensure their understanding of our requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain and update any changes in payment terms.
- upport the Supply Chain Manager with key initiatives in line with our Responsible Sourcing & Sustainability Strategy.
- Grade 12
- Relevant Degree / Diploma
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Customer service attitude;
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft PowerPoint / Excel ;
- Attention to detail and a team player;
- Goal oriented and deadline driven;
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
How to Apply
Apply Online for the Mr Price: Value Chain Trainee / Internship Opportunity 2021