Sappi Southern Africa
Lomati Mill, Barberton
Millwright (MPU – Evergreen) ( HRL 13 )
Sappi Southern Africa requires Millwrights to provide first line breakdown maintenance on a shift basis in order to maximise production and minimise plant downtime
This role reports in to the Millwright Superintendent.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Diagnose, fault find and repair all mechanical and electrical breakdowns and defects millwide
- Perform mechanical repairs by removing and replacing mechanical equipment such as pumps, valves, fans, gearboxes, pulleys, bearings, couplings and other mechanical equipment
- Overhaul equipment and change seals and bearings where required
- Perform alignment on rotating equipment and rigging of equipment up to 1ton
- Perform basic arc welding on low pressure pipes and support brackets as well as flame cutting of bolts, flanges etc
- Trace electrical faults in electrical motors and control circuits by using relevant testers and meters
- Rewire burnt componants or panels as required
- Perform electrical repairs by removing and replacing electric motors and driven machinery
- Perform fault finding on PLC’s and VSD’s and effect required repairs where necessary
- Perform replacement, installation and termination of new or damaged LT cables where required
- Utilise SAP to create and edit notifications as well as to search and order spare materials from stores
- Assist with commissioning mechanical and electrical equipment after shutdowns, breakdowns and new installations
- Understand and comply with safety, health , environmenbt and Quality standards and procedures
The ideal candidate should have:
- NQF level 4 Qualification (Grade 12 / N3 Engineering) coupled with a Millwright Trade Test
- 2 years of post trade test experience as a Millwright in a heavy industry environment
Please note that this role is open all year to build a talent pipeline for these roles.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.