About University of Free State (UFS)
The University of Free State was founded all the way back in 1904. It was then named Grey College and served as a tertiary section. Decades later, in 1950, the name was changed to the University of Orange Free State. During this time, it became an independent Afrikaans university.
In 2021, the University of Free State has three campuses, which are:
- South Campus at Bloemfontein
- Main Campus at Bloemfontein
- Qwaqwa Campus in the Free State
A total of nine faculties offer a number of undergrad and postgrad qualifications across various domains. Some of the domains are business, economics and management, education, health sciences, humanities, law, natural and agricultural sciences, theology and religion, and open schooling. Each domain is run by a separate faculty.
The UFS Star of Stars Bursary Competition
The University of Free State offers a bursary for Matric students who want to further their education. The bursary covers any field of study. There are certain eligibility criteria, but the scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional academic performance, leadership skills, and community involvement.
Beneficiaries of this bursary will be selected carefully and be awarded prize money. They can use this amount towards their education or some other pursuit. Along with that, the Star of Stars bursary competition offers personal development and exposure.
A total of 10 students are awarded each year. At the start of the 2022 academic year, a grandeur gala dinner is hosted by UFS. That’s when the winner and the finalists for the bursary will be announced.
Here is some more information about the UFS Star of the Stars bursary 2022 session:
- There will be 20 finalists for the bursary who are deemed most intelligent and spirited among all. The list will be announced on 25 September 2021.
- The finalists would have a minimum AP score of 34 in the Matric finals.
- The top 10 finalists will be asked to attend the gala event scheduled to be held in February 2022. The winners will be announced at the same event.
- The finalists will be asked to sign an agreement in which they’d have to agree to study at UFS in 2022.
- The prize money will be disbursed in 2022 once the students register themselves at UFS.
- The UFS committee will bear the transportation cost to the Star of the Stars weekend event for the ten finalists.
To select the candidates, UFS has specific eligibility requirements for applicants. Everyone applying for the bursary must satisfy the requirements to proceed further. Failing to do so will result in your application being rejected.
Here are the eligibility criteria for the UFS Star of the Stars bursary competition:
- Must be in Matric for the 2021 academic year.
- Must be a resident of one of the five districts, which are: Fezile Dabi, Lejweleputswa, Motheo, Thabo Mofutsanyana, Xhariep.
- Applicants must be studying in school at Quintile 1, 2, or 3, which are Dinaledi, township, and rural schools, respectively.
- Must be a top achiever in school with an excellent track record.
- Must intend to study at the University of Free State from the academic year 2022. Thus, the applicants are required to apply at UFS before the closing date, which is 31 August 2021.
Please note that the final decision of whom to award the bursary rests on the UFS committee. So meeting all the criteria doesn’t guarantee the scholarship.
How to Apply?
If you meet all the given requirements, move ahead with the application process. It’s simple and easy, but you need to cautious throughout the process.
Here are the steps involved:
Submit the Application Form
The first step is to download and submit the UFS Star of the Stars bursary Competition Application Form.pdf
You can download it online or get an offline copy at the UFS campuses. UFS marketers can also provide you with a copy.
The form will ask you certain questions which you need to answer accurately.
Submit Necessary Documents
The next step is to submit the following documents:
- ID documents
- Grade 11 results
- Matric results of March and June
- Leadership achievements of Grade 11 and Matric
- Community involvement documents
- Motivational letter
Then mail all the documents to this address:
Star or Stars
Student Recruitment Services
PO Box 339
Bloemfontein – 9300
The closing date for the applicants is 31 August 2021.
You can get in touch with the UFS representatives for more details at :
Telephone – 051 401 3000
Email – [email protected]
The post UFS Stars Of Stars Competition Bursary 2021 appeared first on All Bursaries SA.