To provide information security services to clients including risk management, compliance services, incident
management and security development services.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Consult, conduct and develop Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP);
- Present training and security awareness and be able to facilitate courses, assess learners and moderate
- Monitor the application of policies for the preventive, detective and corrective measures, especially up-to-
date security patches and virus control, to protect information systems and technology from malware –
viruses, worms, spyware, spam, internally developed fraudulent software, etc., and report on any deviations;
- Monitor the application of policy that ensures that security techniques and related management procedures,
e.g. firewalls, security appliances, network segmentation and intrusion detection, are used to authorise
access and control information flow from and to networks, and report on any deviations; Monitor execution
of risk and security action plans and report on any deviations. Perform security monitoring and periodic
testing and reporting for identified security weaknesses or incidents;
- Maintain and monitor a logging function that enables the early detection of unusual or abnormal activities
that may need to be addressed;
- Monitor sensitive transaction data exchanged to ensure that this takes place only over a trusted path or
medium with control to provide authenticity of content, proof of submission, proof of receipt, and non-
repudiation of origin, and report on any deviations; Identify and document characteristics of existing and
possible new potential security incidents and define impact levels; and
- Conduct vulnerability compliance assessments and log calls for security incidents.
- Recommend corrective action for identified security weaknesses or incidents.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum: 3 years National Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology or Network Management or a
relevant discipline NQF level 6 qualification.