Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above position. The position is for a GIS Technician Intern that will be stationed in the Cape Town Office.
- Technical support (data management and analysis) for donor-funded projects
- Maps and statistics in support of the GEF project
- Assist the conservation planner with managing and curating the spatial data for the GEF
- Provide mapping and conservation planning in support of various projects, including technical support for the establishment of the Grasslands NP
- Support the GIS data curation, planning and prioritisation processes for the new Grassland NP.
- Bachelors honours degree in Environmental Science, Ecology or Biological Sciences with some GIS software experience.
- Communication and Impact
- Handling Pressure
- Planning & Organising
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Organisational skills
- Administrative Skills
How to Apply
Please address your application letter, accompanied by a CV and copy of your highest school or tertiary qualification, along with a certified ID copy via email to: [email protected]
Applications that have not been responded to within 14 days should be regarded as unsuccessful. SANParks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment.