-We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
As an Artisan Rigger you will support the Senior Engineering Foreman appointed in terms of 2.9.2 of the MHSA, Act 29 of 1996. You will need to have sound technical knowledge (both theory and practical) to operate, inspect and maintain lifting and rigging equipment and resources to an agreed standard in accordance with the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and operating procedures and shall provide assurance to the Senior Engineering Foreman that all lifting and rigging operations comply with the company and departmental standards and specifications
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
-Your role will include but not limited to:
- Contribute to a culture of zero harm by adhering to all requirements as laid down by legislation, health, safety, environmental, and security policies and procedures, and by the application of specific instructions to own work area and task completion.
- Supervise and execute the stripping, lifting, and transporting of materials and heavy equipment to and from various underground or surface areas using the appropriate rigging methodologies.
- Interpret and advise line on lifting requirements using rigging knowledge and skills.
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act regulations, manufacturing and company standards on winding ropes and attachments, overhead crane cables, brakes, drums and hooks and report all defects and breakdowns on lifting equipment to the Senior Engineering Foreman.
This role is in the VUP Engineering department at a CL level reporting to the Senior Engineering Foreman
-Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science
- Trade Certificate : Rigger
- 5 rigging experience is essential of which a minimum of 3 years should have been in an underground mine
- Overhead crane operation experience is required
- Sound knowledge and experience of Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to field of work
- Skills to troubleshoot, inspect and operate all lifting and rigging equipment within area of responsibility
- Please note : Will be expected of all successful candidates to undergo training regarding the winder system at the mine.
- Valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, callouts, and work overtime
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Successfully obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications’ verification, relevant psychometric assessments, and a clear security clearance
-How to Apply
- To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate Line Manager and Head of Department, failure to do so will render your application invalid.
Who We Are:
Venetia Mine – South Africa
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers, and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
By applying for this job, you provide consent that your personal details, including your fingerprints, can be used to conduct background screening where appropriate. For more information, please visit: https://www.angloamerican.com/site-services/applicant-privacy-notice/applicant-privacy-notice-en
Anglo American/ De Beers Group collects and processes personal data in accordance with the relevant regulations. For more information, please visit: https://www.angloamerican.com/site-services/applicant-privacy-notice/applicant-privacy-notice-en
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 02/08/2021