REF NO: 090721/12 (X2 POSTS)
- A Senior / Grade 12 certificate. Basic knowledge of financial functions, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate computer and collate financial statistics.
- Basic knowledge and insight of the Public Service financial legislations, procedures and Treasury regulations (PFMA, PPPFA, Financial Manual).
- Knowledge of basic financial operating systems (BAS, LOGIS etc.)
- People and Diversity Management.
- Client Orientation and Customer Focus.
ASSISTANT TECHNICAL OFFICER
REF NO: 090721/13
- A Senior / Grade 12 Certificate with Mathematics / Mathematical Literacy.
- Computer literacy.
- Basic knowledge in handling laboratory equipment and laboratory safety.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Good interpersonal, planning and executing skills.
- Be able to perform administrative duties.
- Proven knowledge of MS Office.
- Proven Advance knowledge of MS Excel would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of clerical functions, practices as well as the ability to capture data.
- Operate computer and collate administrative statistics.
- Basic knowledge of problem solving and analysis.
- Accountability and ethical conduct.
- Good communication skills both (verbal and written).
- Telephone etiquette
- Willingness to acquire new skills
REF NO: 090721/14 (X2 POSTS)
- An ABET certificate. Able to read and write. One (1) to two (2) years’ experience / knowledge of general work conducted in the civil construction environment.
- Experience in performing manual work will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of general work in handling equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of working on various general work projects.
- Basic knowledge of chemical use (dilution/mix) and chemical product knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of daily maintenance procedures for efficient machine/equipment performance.
- Basic knowledge in supporting water utilization.
- Basic understanding of Government legislation.
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Must be punctual, productive and loyal.
- Must be punctual, productive and loyal.
- Must be able to work around rivers, dams and canals.
- Must be able to work away from the office for long periods and stay at camping sites for extended periods.
REF NO: 090721/15
- An ABET certificate. Knowledge of cleaning principles.
- Knowledge of chemical use (dilution / mix).
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment to be used.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
- Knowledge of basic record keeping.
- Basic understanding of applying safety rules.
- Basic understanding of applying or using chemicals correctly.
- Good communication interpersonal relations.
- Cleaning experience will be an advantage
How to apply:
Interested applicants must submit their applications for employment to the e-mail address specified on each post.
Applications must be submitted using the newly implemented Z83 form obtainable on the Department of Water and Sanitations website, under career opportunities or the DPSA website, under vacancies in the Public Service (point 4) and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as copies of qualifications and Identity document (all documents must be submitted in one email in a PDF format.
CLICK HERE TO: DOWNLOAD Z83 FORM
The attachment/s, may not exceeding 10mb) Subject title on the email must clearly display the reference number of the post applied for.
Applicants should forward applications to the correct email address of the post as wrong emailed applications will not be considered. No late, applications will be accepted. Original/certified copies must be produced by only shortlisted candidates during the interview date.
A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications.
Applications that do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered.
All shortlisted candidates pertaining to Senior Management Services (SMS) posts will be subjected to a technical and competency assessment and a pre-entry certificate obtained from the National School of government is required prior to the appointment.
(Individuals who have completed the course already, and who are therefore in possession of a certificate are welcome to submit such, however it is not required that an applicant submit such when applying for the post prior to the closing date.
The link for the completion of the course for the certificate for the pre-entry into SMS can be found on http://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/.
Candidates will be required to complete a financial disclosure form and undergo a security clearance. Foreigners or dual citizenship holders must provide a police clearance certificate from country of origin.
The Department of Water Sanitation is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
If you do not hear from us within two (2) months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The department reserves the right not to fill these positions.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Targets.