BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
The role is responsible for maintaining, upgrading and rebuilding manufacturing equipment and all electrical installations to provide efficient electrical support and service to the factory.
- Identify electrical components for switch cabinets and machines to ensure reliable electrical control systems.
- Determine component layouts for switch cabinets to align with the prescribed standards and to ensure easy access and maintenance.
- Install manufacturing equipment in the Africa region as part of MT & D’s support to the region.
- Train electro-technical staff, from clients, on locally crafted systems to give them the ability to efficiently maintain the refurbished manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure compliance with EHS standards to minimise risk.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with relevant functions to address and seek solutions for problems of mutual interest for continuous improvement.
- Build new switch cabinets as upgrades for manufacturing equipment to ensure efficient machine control systems to all clients.
- Rewire the equipment to CE standards to continuously improve efficiency, quality, safety and reliability of manufacturing equipment.
- Education: Qualified electrician with minimum N3 or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing environment
- FMCG experience is required
- Sound knowledge of electrical control components
- Wireman’s Certificate – Master Electrician – would represent an advantage
- Knowledge AC/DC drives
- Mentoring skills
- Analytical ability and Interpersonal skills
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Click here to Apply Online for the Artisan Assistant