-We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
As an Artisan Electrician UG, you will support the Senior Engineering Foreman appointed in terms of 2.9.2 of the MHSA, Act 29 of 1996. You will need to possess sound technical knowledge (both theory and practical) to o maintain, install and commission the structural components of machinery and equipment to an agreed standard in accordance with the relevant operating procedures and shall provide assurance to the Senior Engineering Foreman that all structural installations comply with the company and departmental standards and specifications.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
-Your role will include but not limited to:
- Contribute to a culture of zero harm by adhering to all requirements as laid down by legislation, health, safety, environmental, and security policies and procedures, and by the application of specific instructions to own work area and task completion.
- Responsible for maintenance of electrical infrastructure and electrical systems, including but not limited to: Updating of all electrical documentation (drawings, equipment database and datasheets), switching and preventative maintenance tasks on MV equipment in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Exercise sound expert judgment with regards to repair versus replacement versus upgrade of components.
- Align with planned maintenance schedules, including maintenance of relevant records for all winder and electrical equipment and electrical installations in area of responsibility.
- Perform all activities according to instructions, procedures and engineering needs.
This role is in the VUP Engineering department at a CL level reporting to the Senior Engineering Foreman.
-Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science
- Trade Certificate : Electrician
- MQA – MV Switching Certificate is advantageous
- 3 years continuous experience in electrical maintenance of which a minimum of 2 years should have been in an underground mine
- Sound knowledge in the maintenance, repairs and fault finding of the following equipment : Motor protection systems, Electrical safety and switching devices and practices, Generators, Pumps, LT Substations, Simocode, V.S.D., Power circuits and Power transformers
- Sound knowledge and experience of Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to field of work
- Skills to troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical systems and major equipment within area of responsibility
- Valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, callouts, and work overtime
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Successfully obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- Your consideration for employment is subject to :
- SAPS Criminal Record verification and a valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License, Qualifications Verification and Relevant Psychometric and Technical Assessments.
-How to Apply
- To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate Line Manager and Head of Department, failure to do so will render your application invalid.
By applying for this job, you provide consent that your personal details, including your fingerprints, can be used to conduct background screening where appropriate. For more information, please visit:
Anglo American/ De Beers Group collects and processes personal data in accordance with the relevant regulations. For more information, please visit:
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 24/08/2021