Company: Department of Water and Sanitation
Job title: Administration Clerk
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
REF NO: 100921/12
Branch: Finance: CD: Revenue Management
SALARY: R 173 703 Per annum (Level 5)
CENTRE: Head Office Pretoria
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a secretarial / receptionist support service to the Chief Director. This will inter alia, entail the following:
receives telephone calls and refer the calls to the correct role players if not meant for the relevant Manager.
- Records appointments and events in the Diary of the Chief Director.
- Type documents for the Chief Director and other staff within the unit.
- Operate office equipment like fax machines and photocopies.
- Provide a clerical support to the Chief Director.
This will entail, inter alia, the following: Liaise with travel agencies to make travel arrangements.
- Arrange meetings and events for the Chief Director and staff in the unit. Process travel and subsistence claims for the unit.
- Process all invoices that emanate from the activities of the work of the Chief Director.
- Record basic minutes of the meetings of the manager when required.
- Administers matters like leave registers and telephone accounts.
- Handle the procurement of standard items like stationery, etc.
- Remains up to date with regard to prescripts / policies and procedures applicable to the Chief
Director’s work to ensure efficient and effective support to the Chief Director.
- A Senior / Grade 12 certificate.
- Experience in general office administration will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of administration procedures.
- Working knowledge and understanding of legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Computer literacy (Ms Excel, Ms Word and PowerPoint).
- Good people skills and sound organizational skills.
- High level of reliability.
- Basic Financial management and knowledge of PFMA.
- People and Diversity Management.
- Client orientation and customer focus.
- Accountability and ethical conduct.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and handle confidential matters.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted using the Z83 (download here) or form obtainable on the Department of Water and Sanitations website
Applications must be submitted using the Z83 (download here) or form obtainable on the Department of Water and Sanitations website.and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as copies of qualifications, identity document and a valid driver’s license (where applicable) which need not to be certified when applying for a post
All documents must be submitted in one email in a PDF format. The attachment/s, may not exceeding 5mb) Subject title on the email must clearly display the reference number of the post applied for.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you do not hear from us within two (2) months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful