If you want to ace your career goals but lack financial support then a bursary can help you. If you are looking for a bursary to support you then here is a complete informational guide for you.
The Ernst & Ethel Eriksen bursary is a wonderful opportunity for underprivileged students to complete their education.
About Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust
The history of Ernst & Ethel Eriksen’s trust can be traced back to the 1980s. It was founded by Ethel Eriksen who donated money to provide a grant for university students to pursue their postgraduate studies.
For over 2 decades, the trust has assisted thousands of students to complete their Master’s and Doctorate qualifications. By granting them financial aid, the trust aims to assist them in achieving their academic goals smoothly.
Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Bursary Program
The Ernst and Ethel bursary program aims to provide financial aid in the form of a grant to postgraduate students studying in any field. Bursaries are granted once a year for one academic year to the deserving students.
The Ernst & Ethel Eriksen bursary offers a maximum amount of R20 000 per year. This amount is directly paid to the university on behalf of the students. Students receiving this bursary need not pay back or return any amount to the trust. The bursary is offered free of cost to the students to pursue their dreams.
Those students who wish to renew the bursary for the next academic year can reapply. Students whose applications are accepted shall receive communication by the end of December.
To receive this bursary, every student is required to fulfill the eligibility requirements set by the trust. Those students who fail to meet the criteria their applications will be rejected.
- Students must be a citizen of South Africa
- Only those students can apply who have completed their Honors degree
- Students must be registered or should have been accepted to study at a recognized University in South Africa
- The bursary is granted to those students who want to pursue a postgraduate qualification
- Students must have an impressive academic record
- One must be able to arrange for the remaining study fee which is not covered by the Ernst and Ethel Eriksen bursary
How to apply?
Students can apply for the bursary by filling the application form online. Applicants need to follow the steps to successfully fill the application and submit it.
- To apply for the bursary students first need to create an account online and then login.
- The application process consists of 6 steps. Only after completing one step, you can move to the next.
- You can stop anytime between the application process and come back later. However, make sure to submit the application before the last date.
- Once you submit the application, you will not be able to change any information
- To register for the bursary, you need Internet Explorer version 9 or higher, Chrome, or Firefox
- Students should attach all the documents as specified.
- The application form along with the documents should be uploaded on the official website
Students are required to attach all the documents mentioned below. If any of the documents are found missing then the application can be rejected.
- Certified ID document
- Certified copy of latest academic results
- Proof of application to the desired university on the university letterhead
- Proof of acceptance by the university if the application is accepted
- A breakdown of your family’s total income, expenditure, and the amount of bursary you are applying for
- 3 essays to be attached( maximum 1000 words each)
- About yourself, your family, and the present circumstances. You can also write about how your friends see you, your passion, and your biggest strengths and weaknesses.
- Write about your achievements after matric and at the tertiary level.
- About your future academic plans and future dreams
- About how you would like to see South Africa in the next decade
- 2 academic references should be attached along with the application form
The last date of application is 30 September 2021
For any queries related to the bursary students can contact the Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust on:
Telephone: 083 459 1789
Email: [email protected]
Please do NOT contact The The Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
The post Ernst & Ethel Eriksen Trust Bursary 2022 appeared first on All Bursaries SA.