Every nation needs a strong medical sector to enhance the health of the people and provide the best medical facilities. For this purpose, it is important to encourage and support the youth to step into the medical fields.
Through a bursary program, the deserving youth who wish to make a career in the field of science can achieve their goals. The Western Cape Department of Health Bursary is one such initiative aimed at assisting the ambitious youth in the field of medical sciences.
About Western Cape Department of Health
The Western Cape Department of Health provides a complete health service package to the people residing in the province. Their health services include emergency medical services, child health, family planning, pathology services, women’s health services, TB/AIDS, men’s health, psychiatric services, and so on.
At present, there are 428 primary public care facilities. Some of these facilities are operated by the department of health while others are managed by the City of Cape Town.
Western Cape Department of Health Bursary: An overview
The area of Health Science is considered as a skill shortage in the nation. Hence, to encourage students to pursue studies in this field the Western Cape Department of Health is offering bursaries.
The bursaries are awarded to students who wish to study in the field of health sciences but have insufficient financial means to do so.
The following fields are covered under the bursary program at the mentioned Institutions
- B Nursing in University of Western Cape, Northwest University
- B Pharmacy in Northwest University.
- BSC Radiography in Diagnostic Radiography/Ultrasound, B Tech Nursing in Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Bachelor of Emergency Medical Care, Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Medicine in Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Degree Medicine in University of Stellenbosch, University of Cape Town, University of Free State, University of Pretoria, WITS
- Diploma R425 Nursing, Diploma R171 Nursing in Western Cape college of Nursing (Athlone campus), Western Cape college of Nursing (George campus), Western Cape college of Nursing (Worcester campus)
The bursary is granted to cover the expenses of the students related to the tuition fees, registration charges, and examination fees.
Students receiving the bursary are required to work back which means that they are required to work for each year of the funding that they receive.
Students who are shortlisted will receive a communication by 31 March. If you do not receive any notification from the institute you may regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
To receive the benefits of this bursary program, students are required to meet the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- Students must be citizens of South Africa
- One must reside within the Western Cape province
- Applicants must either be in Matric or should have completed Matric
- One must have the intention to study full time towards the fields mentioned above at the recognized institutions
How to apply?
Before you apply for this bursary program you are required to register and create an account to be able to login.
The application must be done online at the Western Cape Department of Health.
Along with the application form, students should attach the following supporting documents. Failure to attach all the documents can lead to the rejection of the application.
- Certified ID document
- Matric June results of those currently in Matric
- If completed Matric then attach Matric certificate
- Parents/guardians ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of income (parents/guardians)
- Residence proof (lease agreement/account statement/affidavit)
- Disabled students may submit their proof of disability
- Proof of registration at the tertiary institutions as mentioned above
- A motivational letter convincing the authorities why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
The last date of application is 30 September 2021
Students can contact the Western Cape Government for any queries related to the bursary.
Name: Monray Strydom or Angelo Briesies
Telephone: 021 483 6610/ 021 483 3465
Email: [email protected]
Alternatively, students can contact the desired tertiary institutions.
University of Cape Town:
Ms. T Nkomo
021 650 3632
University of Western Cape
Ms. E Seleke
021 959 9754
Ms. R Sylvester
021 938 9458
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Ms. N Gxothiwe
021 959 6668
If you have a passion for pursuing studies in the medical field then this bursary program can help you greatly in achieving your career goals.
Please do NOT contact the Western Cape Department of Health if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
The post Western Cape Department of Health Bursary 2021 – 2022 appeared first on All Bursaries SA.