Are you inclined towards learning about food science and technology? Do you have an undying passion to make a career in this field? If yes, then the SAAFoST bursary program can be your ladder to success in this field.
If you wish to apply for the SAAFoST Matriculant Bursary program then this article will provide you with all the relevant information.
The South Africa Association for Food Science and Technology is a non-profit organization that works to advance knowledge in the field of food science and technology. To meet its aim the organization publishes membership magazines, conducts workshops and exhibition, encourages scientific research and publication of articles and papers and so on.
The organization is managed and run by volunteers and has 2000 members across Southern Africa. The members of the organization from Cape, KwaZulu-Natal and Northern branches take care of the regional affairs of the Association.
The organization has also established a SAAFoST foundation under which the administration and disbursement of the SAAFoST bursaries takes place.
SAAFoST Matriculant Bursary Program: An Overview
SAAFoST Matriculant bursary is awarded to students on the basis of their academic merit, employment equity, and potential. Students who wish to study full-time towards an undergraduate degree or Diploma in the field of food science and technology can benefit from this bursary.
The SAAFoST Matriculant bursary will provide financial aid towards the tuition fees of the student up to a maximum amount of R35 000 per annum. The amount will be directly deposited with the tertiary institution and shall be paid in 2 installments.
Only after a satisfactory performance in the first semester, the second installment of the bursary will be released. Students receiving the bursary are required to register as members of SAAFoST within the first 3 months of registering with any tertiary institution. One must become a member and also remain active during the entire study period.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the bursary, students must assess themselves against the eligibility criteria set by the organization. Failure to fulfill any of the criteria will render the application rejected.
- Students must be citizens of South Africa
- Applicant must reside in South Africa for a minimum of 3 years before applying for the bursary
- Matric students can apply for this bursary
- Students must have registered and been accepted to study towards their first undergraduate degree or diploma in the field of food science and technology
- One must have enrolled at a recognized tertiary institution
- Students are required to have completed FETC (general) qualification or an equivalent
- Students must score a minimum of Level 5 for Physical Science and Maths in Matric
- Students with strong academic results and potential will be considered
- To be eligible for bursary in the following year students should complete their chosen study program within the stipulated time.
- Undergraduate Degree- 4 years
- Tech degree- 5 years
- Diploma- 4 years
How to apply?
Students can apply for the bursary by downloading the SAAFoST Matriculant Bursary Application Form. The application form must be carefully filled in, and the following documents must be submitted along.
- Certified ID document or passport
- Passport-sized photograph (head and shoulders)
- Certified copy of grade 11 results
- The latest matric results (certified copy)
- A written personal statement of 1 page stating how your education in the field of food science and technology will enhance your life and improve the scientific community.
- Students should also attach a reference letter about their character. The letter should be written by a person knowing you for 3 years at least
- Results of the National Benchmarking or Potential Test from the applicant’s tertiary institution.
The application can be submitted via one of the following ways:
- Email: [email protected]
The SAAFoST Membership Development Officer
PO Box 35233
Additional Information about the bursary:
- The right to award or not to award a bursary is reserved by the SAAFoST foundation
- Those receiving the bursary are required to submit 6 monthly reports and exam results to the organization.
- Students in receipt of the bursary must also submit a report of their participation in the activities of SAAFoST
- In case a student fails a semester or year, discontinues the studies, etc. then the bursary will be converted into a repayable loan
- Applications received will be reviewed in November 2021 and the recipients will be announced in December 2021.
The last date of application is 2 November 2021
Students can contact the following for any queries related to the bursary
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (031) 368 8000
Please do NOT contact SAAFoST if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
The post SAAFoST Matriculant Bursary 2022 appeared first on All Bursaries SA.