General Worker Wanted – Apply Now: Salary R18 000 a month.
Our client, a manufacturing and servicing business serving the food processing industry are currently looking for a General Worker, the successful applicant will need to be cutting, bending and general sheet metal work and have the ability to work in a small team.
Sheet metal operative duties:
- Follow all health, safety and environmental procedures and regulations, maintaining a safe, clean and tidy work area including all tools and issued PPE.
- Carry out various sheet metal work (bending, Guillotine, cutting, pillar drill, folding etc)
- Provide mechanical assistance to breakdowns as required.
- Maintain a professional approach and attitude to all service jobs to promote the image and reputation of the company.
- Be able to work to engineering drawings
General Worker Knowledge and Experience:
- Driving license.
- Good communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to use measurement equipment
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent qualification (ideally)
- Computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Working at height.
- First Aid
- Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety in particular, food hygiene.
- Food industry knowledge.
- Forklift truck license.
- Lifting and slinging.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Application Deadline: 2021/09/15
Expected Start Date: 2021/09/20
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: R15,000.00 – R18,000.00 per month