Job no: 505177
Work type: Permanent
Location: North West
Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
- Hold a valid Grade 10 Certificate or equivalent
- Be in possession of a valid Blasting Certificate
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in Trackless Mining
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Have Up dip /Down dip and Winze mining experience
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Extensive working experience in the capacity of a Miner in a bord and pillar environment
- Must have experience in mining operations with Drill Rigs and Bolters
- Compliance with COP`s and legal requirements
- Production Supervisor’s Certificate of Competency
- Plan, organise, coordinate and lead all members, duties and services regarding the work place operation
- Contribute with forward planning and problem solving in the workplace.
- Load explosives, set fuses and detonate explosives to produce desired blasting patterns and rock fragmentation in underground mines
- Ensure health and safety of people and conditions within the section
- Ensure that daily production is met
- Ensure effective availability and utilization of equipment and materials
- Adhere to the Mine’s Health And Safety Codes Of Practice , Mineral Act and Regulation requirements
Interested parties should complete and submit the standard job application form using the link below:
Internal : http://www.careers.sibanyestillwater.com/ci/en/listing/
External : http://www.careers.sibanyestillwater.com/cw/en/listing/
HR Contact Person : Inge Taylor
Recruitment Person : Innocent Thomo
Recruiter’s contact number :014 495 2591
NB: Kindly note that the HR personnel at the operations should assist internal applicants to apply should they need assistance.
Advertised: 13 Sep 2021 South Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 27 Sep 2021 South Africa Standard Time