Location: Hotazel, Northern Cape, ZA, 8490
Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
The purpose of this role is to mine and extract ore according to Mining legislation and regulations.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 12 with Mathematics (external candidates) / Grade 10 (Internal candidates) with 3 years’ experience in a hard rock mining environment;
- Underground blasting certificate for Metalliferous Mines is essential;
- Knowledge of SAP and MS Office will be an added advantage.
- Taking charge of the underground blasting operations within the designated area;
- Ensure the delivery of quality product to the plant;
- Achieve the daily production targets;
- Be familiar with the Production process activities, trends and brief operators accordingly at the start of each shift;
- Collect explosives and accessories, lock up and transport to the face;
- Transport explosives and accessories by means of a Self-Propelled mobile machine;
- Handle explosives in the mining environment;
- Lock up extra or unused explosives and accessories;
- Monitor and control Blasting accessories stock levels;
- Organize and control general road maintenance activities.
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups)
Applications close 4 October 2021 at 17H00.
South32 has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.