Service Technician Wanted – Apply Now. Are you interested and skilled in electricity, mechanics and hydraulics? Are you enthusiastic about renewable energy and like a physical job in the field? As a Service Technician at Vestas, you get a job where you make a difference for a more sustainable future.
EVP NCE > Region NCE > Tsitsikamma
You will be part of Vestas Northern and Central Europe which is a sales business unit covering Scandinavia, Finland, Celtic, Poland, the Baltics, Germany, Benelux as well as Eastern Europe and the south part of Africa. We are responsible for the sales function, project, installation, and service of wind farms throughout these regions.
The Service Department is responsible for the service and maintenance of the wind farms within South Africa. Vestas Northern and Central Europe strive to be the No. 1 performing business unit within Vestas, not only in modern energy, but also in employee and customer satisfaction.
Right now, we are looking for a Service Technician to join our team, doing service and maintenance of the wind farms in South Africa. In this role you get to work in an exciting industry in a team of highly engaged employees.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs
- Service and maintenance according to agreement, as well as carrying out a diversity of check-ups, repairs and replacement activities of turbine components
- Friction-less operation of our turbines and use of our systems like condition monitoring and remote control
- Contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs
- Responsibility for the service vehicle, warehouse and order of material, tools and spare parts
- Daily reporting in SAP
- Experience or a degree within electricity, mechanics or hydraulics, and is still eager to develop your skills within these areas
- English language is required
- Computer knowledge, as the tasks include regular reporting and communication through various systems
- Driving license
- On the personality level we believe you have/are:
- Motivated by teamwork, communication with other parts of the organization as well as being service-minded
- Structured and unsupervised
- Ready for working overtimes
- Open to travel
- Good physical condition and can handle heavy lifts and work on heights
- High level of safety awareness
What we offer
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues who are all enthusiastic about wind energy. You will have the opportunity to develop a career within a very exciting industry in a global company.
You will have the opportunity to perform special tasks and be part of the latest new Wind technologies from Vestas, making you a Vestas specialist
Travel is to be expected, particularly during the initial training period but also to other sites in the region
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 136 GW of wind turbines in 84 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 117 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 29.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.