4 General Workers Stores Assistant Wanted – Apply Now. Institution: Chief Directorate: Supply Chain Management, Western Cape Health Warehouse. (Head Office, Cape Town)
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Appropriate experience in a Warehouse environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Physical ability to lift heavy boxes.
- Physical ability to operate loaded pallet jacks within normal limits.
- Proficiency in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to read and write.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Loading and offloading of stock on the trucks and vans.
- Move goods to and from different sections via a pallet jack or forklift.
- Pack stock in boxes according to standards.
- Receipt of stock from bulk stores.
- Preparation of stock for courier distribution.
- Preparation of stock for collection by demanders.
- Maintain hygiene in the warehouse area.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post.
Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department. As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.