Golder Associates Inc., or simply branded as Golder, is a Canadian company that offers consulting, construction, and design services to clients all around the world. The company has an established presence in North America, Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America.
In Africa, Golder has its offices in South Africa, Zambia, Ghana, Mozambique, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. It operates in a wide range of sectors, including oil and gas, mining, power, and manufacturing.
In 2021, Golder was acquired by WSP, another company specializing in engineering and design services.
Golder Engineering Bursary 2022
The multinational company runs several initiatives under Corporate Responsibility. Through these initiatives, it aims to empower communities and contribute to society.
One such initiative is the Golder Engineering Bursary. Known as the WSP|Golder Engineering Bursary, it is meant for students pursuing their education in Environmental Sciences or Engineering.
For the academic session 2022, here are the fields of study where the bursaries will be awarded:
Those pursuing a Bachelors of Science (Honours) in Environmental Sciences and majoring in:
- Environmental Science
- Other related fields
Those pursuing Engineering degrees (BEng or BIng or BSc(Eng)):
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary amount isn’t disclosed. More information will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
As part of the commitment, bursars will have to undertake vacation work during university holidays at the company. After completion of the studies, the company may offer job opportunities to certain bursars.
Not everyone pursuing an engineering degree can apply for the bursary. There are specific requirements laid out by Golder to select the candidates. Anyone applying for the bursary must fulfill these criteria. Failing to do so will result in cancellation of the application. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for WSP|Golder Engineering bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must be pursuing a BSc or BSc (Honours) in Environmental Sciences
- If pursuing engineering, must be studying BEng, BSc (Eng), or BIng with majoring in one of the subjects mentioned above
- Must be either in the second, third, or final year of study
- Must be studying a recognised South African university
- Must have scored no less than 70% overall average in the 2021 academic year. Engineering students must have scored 65% overall average in 2021 and passed all subjects
- Must not be benefitting from any other bursaries or scholarships
- Must have a passion for the environment and environmental science
- Must be dedicated towards their study
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, does not guarantee funding. Preference will be given to those who belong to a previously disadvantaged background. The list published by the company will be considered final.
How to Apply?
If you meet all the criteria, move forward with the application process. It’s a simple and quick process that should take no longer than an hour to complete. However, you should be diligent and careful while applying. Incorrect submissions are rejected without further consideration.
The first step is to complete the online application form. There’s a separate form for Environmental Science and Engineering students. And you need to fill out the correct form.
Environmental Sciences students should fill out the Golder Environmental Sciences Bursary Application form.
And Engineering students should complete the Golder Engineering Bursary Application form.
Click on the “Apply Now” button to create your account. Complete your account by providing the correct details. Then move forward to the next step.
In the second step, you need to prepare and submit the documents necessary for this application. These are required to verify the details and further process your application. The list of documents required are:
- ID documents (certified copies only)
- Matric certificate (certified copies only)
- Proof of registration at the university (certified copies only)
- Progress report or transcript of most recent tertiary performance (certified copies only)
- Updated CV with your contact details
- Letter of declaration confirming that you aren’t part of any other bursary or scholarship in 2020 or 2021
Upload the documents and submit them online.
The last date to apply for the bursary isn’t confirmed yet. So you should apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
For more details, get in touch with the bursary provider at:
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Golder Associates Inc.. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
The post Golder Engineering Bursary 2022 appeared first on All Bursaries SA.