Fairtree is a South African investment and asset management company based out of Cape Town. The firm manages alternative and long-term investment portfolios on behalf of its clients. Formed in 2003, it currently manages R 100 billion worth of assets. These assets include hedge funds, unit trusts, and private equity.
The Fairtree Group is made up of four separate entities, namely:
- Fairtree Asset Management (Pty) Ltd
- Fairtree Capital Hospitality
- Fairtree Asset Management LLC
- Fairtree Capital International IC Ltd
The investment firm has giving-back programs through which it supports the vulnerable communities in South Africa. The bursary programme is a part of it.
Fairtree Bursary 2021 – 2022
Fairtree is offering financial assistance to a certain number of students each year who are in need of it via bursaries. Known as the Fairtree bursary programme, it is awarded annually to meritorious students pursuing specific qualifications. For the academic year 2022, here are the fields of study where the bursaries will be awarded:
- Business Science
- Business Economics
- Computer Science (CS)
The value of the bursary will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Once awarded, students may not change their course of study unless they take the consent from Fairtree.
The bursaries will cover the entire duration of the study programme. After completion, you might be required to work for Fairtree for the same duration. More information will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates. Fairtree will contact you after the bursary closing date, and you’re required to follow up to get the funding.
To select the candidates for the bursaries, Fairtree has laid out certain eligibility criteria. Anyone applying for the funding must fulfill all the criteria to be selected. Failing to do so will result in cancellation of your application. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for the Fairtree bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be either completed Matriculation or currently be in Matric
- Must be pursuing a qualification in one of the aforementioned fields of study in 2022
- Must be studying at a recognised South African public university (those studying at private universities will not be considered for the bursary)
- Students currently in Matric must have scored no less than 70% overall average. Furthermore, they must have secured at least 50% for every subject and at least 70% in mathematics
- Students currently in university must have scored no less than 60% overall average
Fulfilling all the requirements, however, does not guarantee funding. The number of bursaries is limited, and the number of applicants often outnumbers it. The list of bursars published by Fairtree will be considered final.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for the Fairtree bursary before the closing date. To apply, you must go through the application process. It’s a short and simple process that should take no more than an hour to complete. But it’s also essential to take your time and not rush through. Incorrect or incomplete submissions are rejected without further consideration. Here are the steps involved in applying for the Fairtree bursary:
The first step is to complete the Fairtree bursary online application form. The application process is entirely online. You can access it by clicking on this link. Click on “Next” to get started. The form asks certain questions about your personal and academic details. Answer all the questions that are marked with an asterisk(*). Once completed, move on to the next step.
In the next step, submit the documents necessary for the bursary. These are used for verification purposes and further processing of your application. So, prepare the following documents:
- ID documents (certified copies only)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copies only)
- If currently in university, submit results of the first semester (certified copies only)
- Proof of acceptance or preliminary acceptance for 2022 (certified copies only)
- Proof of household income (latest payslips, if parents/guardians are employed; financial statements if self-employed; affidavit if unemployed; death certificates if deceased)
Scan the documents and upload them in PDF format. After final review, submit your application along with the documents.
The Fairtree bursary is currently open, and the last date to apply for it is 31 October 2021.
For further details regarding the bursary, get in touch at the following contact details:
- Telephone – 021 943 3760
- Online contact form – fairtree.com/contact-us-institutional/
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Fairtree. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on October 23, 2021)
The post Fairtree Bursary 2021 – 2022 appeared first on All Bursaries SA.