About City of Johannesburg
The City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality is a municipality in South Africa responsible for governing Johannesburg and implementing the local policies. It has several divisions and departments that provide government services to the community.
Some of the services of this metropolitan municipality include policing, traffic fines, water and sanitation, waste management, electricity, public transport, among other things.
The City of Johannesburg municipality covers a large area, including the urban centres Midrand and Johannesburg. Along with the two, there are 11 other urban centres like Sandton, Soweto, Melrose Arch, Roodepoort, Killarney, Diepsloot, Randburg, and Sunninghill.
City of Johannesburg (CoJ) Bursary 2022
The core responsibility of CoJ is to uplift communities and address socio-economic problems. And one of the problems it’s addressing is to increase the literary rate among its citizens. It offers the City of Johannesburg bursary to a certain number of students who need financial aid for their education every year.
These bursaries are awarded in multiple fields of study. For the academic year 2022, here are some of the fields of study eligible for the bursary programme:
- Actuarial Science
- Communication and Social Media
- Geographical Information System
- Emergency Management Services
- Engineering (all fields)
- Health (Nursing)
- Local Government Science/Political Science
- Municipal Governance
- Production and Operations Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Real Estate
- Sports Science
The bursary will offer up to R 35,000 per annum depending on the need and study programme. It will cover expenses like registration fees, tuition fees, study materials, and prescribed textbooks.
Initially, the coverage will be for one year. Students can renew it for the following years based on academic performance.
To be selected for the bursary programme, students would have to meet the eligibility criteria laid out by the City of Johannesburg. Since the number of applicants often outnumber the number of bursaries available, it will reject those that do not fulfill all the criteria.
The eligibility requirements for the City of Johannesburg (CoJ) bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside in the Johannesburg metropolitan area permanently
- Must have either completed Matric or currently studying in Matric
- Must be pursuing or willing to pursue an undergrad qualification in one of the aforementioned fields of study (postgraduate qualifications aren’t considered)
- The course’s duration shouldn’t be less than one year
- Must have a strong academic record
- Must be studying or willing to study at a tertiary university that’s recognised
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee funding. It is at the sole discretion of the City of Johannesburg municipality. The list of bursars published by them will be considered final.
How to Apply?
Eligible students are encouraged to apply for the bursary by going through the application process. It’s a simple and quick process that shouldn’t take more than an hour to complete. However, you should be careful and not rush through it. Incomplete or erroneous submissions are rejected without further consideration. Follow the steps to apply for the CoJ Bursary 2022:
The first step is completing the City of Johannesburg Bursary online application form. It’s an online form, and you’re not required to download it. The form asks specific questions about yourself and your academic details. Complete all the fields that have an asterisk mark.
Towards the end of the form, you’d be asked to write a statement clarifying that the information provided by you is truthful to your knowledge. Once completed, move on to the next and final step.
The next step is to submit the documents needed for this bursary. You’d have to upload them in the form. Here are the documents you need to prepare and upload:
- ID documents
- Matric results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric but not studying yet
- Full academic record, if completed Matric and are pursuing an undergrad qualification (must be on institution letterhead)
- Proof of residence (like rates account or utility bill)
- Proof of income of parents/guardians (payslips if employed; affidavit if unemployed; death certificates if deceased)
You need to submit only certified copies. Upload the documents and submit your application.
The last date to apply for the City of Johannesburg (CoJ) Bursary 2022 is 5 November 2021.
For more details on this bursary, contact Billy Baloyi at:
- Telephone – 011 407 6979
- Email – [email protected]
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
The post City of Johannesburg (CoJ) Bursary 2022 appeared first on All Bursaries SA.