This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : [email protected]
The closing date is on 02.11.2021. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet Engineering
Position Title : Apprentice, Welder
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Training
Location : Salt River
Reporting To : Snr Training Officer
Grade Level : APP
Reference Number : 3001522
As part of Transnet Human Capital Development Strategy, Transnet Academy is offering comprehensive bursaries to learners to be trained as Artisans
• Attend theory training
• Write knowledge review tests
• Participate in the practical training component
• Perform workplace component and record progress in the logbook
• Complete training request form to request assessment and submit to Trainer
• Prepare for trade test
• Complete assessment and evaluate assessment process
• Receive feedback of final assessment results
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
Qualifications & Experience:
• NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects all passed or
• Technical National Certificate Vocational Level 4 or higher with 7 subjects passed or
• Technical Matric Certificate including Pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory passed
• Time Management
• Attention to detail
• Good listener
• Results oriented
ADDITIONAL SHORTLISTING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Applicants must be SA citizens without any other bursary obligation from other organisations.
2. Preference will be given to applicants considered as South African Youth (under the age of 35).
3. Preference will be given to applicants with outstanding academic results.
4. Selection will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment Equity Plan, Recruitment and Selection Policy.
5. All training will be done in the relevant Transnet Faculty of Engineering Campus.
6. On successful completion of the Apprenticeship there is no guarantee for permanent employment within Transnet. This is only a training and development opportunity.
7. Please submit a cover letter indicating your choice of trade that is relevant to your subjects, your CV, certified copy of relevant qualification/s and certified copy of ID
8. Please note that NO accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during and after completion of the apprentice training.
9. By applying for a position at Transnet, you consent to the processing of your personal information in accordance with the
requirements of Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), 2013 and acknowledge that the purpose for processing your personal information is in terms of Transnet recruitment and selection process.