Logistics Clerk Needed – Apply Now. Sappi Southern Africa
[[filter7]] [Logistics Clerk Needed – Apply Now] ( [[jobGrade]] )
Sappi Forests requires a wage Logistics Clerk to coordinate the delivery of plant material to customers and to administer tray returns to ensure Forests and external customers receive required plants on time.
This role reports to the Admin Officer.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Check with Customers (OWN, PROJECTS and PRIVATE) on Plant Requests through Nursery Management System to ensure the correct orders are delivered on time.
- Confirm receipt of Plant Request on NMS to alert the customers of confirmed delivery date, ensuring preparation to receive the delivery of plants.
- Check payment authorisation before release to PRIVATE customers by liaising with finance department to ensure payments are reflected.
- Liaise with External Nurseries to confirm available plant stock to ensure consistent supply to forests, ensuring a continuous supply of plant material to customers.
- Update Dispatch Schedule and dispatch board on a weekly basis to ensure that nursery management is on par with weekly plant orders, any possible plant shortages or surpluses will be highlighted.
- Customer notification of plant delivery, to enable scheduled timeous delivery, to ensure arrangement of contractor staff to offload plants.
- Conduct daily checks with transporters on availability of trucks, to ensure plant delivery on the required date and time, to improve efficiencies that will further drive cost reductions.
- Update weekly delivery schedule and communicate to Customers and Suppliers to ensure that customers prepare to receive the plants on plantation. This will ensure optimal scheduling, maximizing trucks and ultimately reducing transport costs.
- Ensure Transport, Plant and Tray Delivery notes are correctly captured on NMS, ensuring customers are billed correctly for services to reduce waste of corrections to be made.
- Ensure empty tray returns (Type, number and Owner of trays) are captured on NMS. Ensure customer signs off on tray return slip, enabling the correct processing of credit notes to customers, eliminating timeous tray reconsolidation exercises with the customer at yearends.
- Liaise with plant suppliers (Own and Outside Nurseries). Ensure a Delivery Note is on each delivery to correctly process plants received, thereby ensuring payments for delivered plants are accurate. Preventing late payments to suppliers.
- Check all detail on the Delivery Note (Customer name, plant species, clone number, seed stock number, number of plants, tray type, tray number, cost of plants and transport cost). To ensure that the correct plants, according to the customers order are sent. To ensure correct seed lots and varieties are planted in the compartments which will help optimize yields.
- Ensure Delivery Notes are sent to Customers and record kept on file, for processing the sale onto NMS to ensure transparency with relevant customers.
- Ensure Invoices for each delivery by external nurseries reflect the correct purchase order reference for processing on SAP. Ensuring easier referencing to payment of these invoices.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF level certificate
- An Administration qualification will be advantageous
- Supervisory experience advantageous
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience
- Basic computer literacy with SAP is preferable
- Fluent in English and IsiZulu
Closing Date: 7 December 2021
At Sappi, we are vaccinated and expect all our employees in new roles to be vaccinated.
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact. Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.