Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Field Service Technician – Position Description
Position Title: Field Service Technician
Reporting To: Services and Methods Manager
Reporting Relationship: No other staff members reporting to this position.
Primary Purpose of Role: To inspect, measure & test components, parts, conduct repairs,
fault finding analysis, develop reports as per work conducted or
investigations completed and training to customer sites,
assemble or dismantle units as and when required
(Mechanical & Electrical)
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results
- Prepare project cost and work-time estimates
- Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings and design comments for sound electrical engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and recommend approval or disapproval
- Collaborate with production personnel to identify, define and solve developmental problems
- Conduct inspections at customer or suppliers’ premises for quality control and assurance programs, reporting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical/electrical instruments or testing equipment on site or off site
- Analyse and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems
- Manage and report accurately on Equipment downtime and fault logs, repairs conducted and data trend for repairs, 0KM or Warranty claims.
- Manage accurate consumables stock levels.
- Support WSA & FIPSA factory with production support as and when required.
- Support Customer call outs at the different as and when required tied to the customers contract requirements/ standby or weekend coverage within the team roster
- Qualified artisan (Millwright, Fitter, Electrician) N4, N5, N6, T2, T3 will be considered
- Maintenance and repairs to Passenger train set, Brake systems, control units will be an advantage
- Pneumatics and Electrical experience on fault finding and repairs preferred.
Essential work skills
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Adherence to company policies and procedures including Quality Assurance and safety
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislations
- Computer literacy (MS Office – developing xls, PPT sheets and data graphs)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound verbal and written communication skills·
- Valid driver’s licence – Code 8
- High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail
- A team player with flexible approach and a willingness to learn
- A self-starter who is proactive and can set and achieve goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Hard working with a proven track record of skilled, hands on trade related experience required.
- Punctual and good work ethics
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
VISIT APPLICATION LINK