This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 10.12.2021. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : TPT Richards Bay MPT
Position Title : Port Worker
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Department : Operations
Location : Various Locations
Reporting To : Operations Supervisor
Grade Level : HRLYL1
Reference Number : 20201137
The Provision of labour as directed by supervisor in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimised cargo operation in Kendal (Mpumalanga).
- Cleaning of operational equipment (rail siding, rail wagons, cabin etc)
- Inspect of Container and Rail Wagon condition,
- Rail Siding monitoring operations
- Opening and Closing of rail wagon twist-locks
- Loading off- loading and stacking of cargo in compliance of standard operating procedures.
- Hooking /unhooking and loading of rail wagons and offloading of road trucks
- Tarping/ untarping where applicable
- Place/remove dunnage, Clean Rail and Road Spillages.
- Cleaning of operational areas, rail trucks, plant, workshop, offices, sheds and ablution facilities as instructed.
- Compete applicable documentation i.e. accident reports
- Identification of correct cargo handling equipment/gear.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric with Minimum of 2 years as a port worker /general worker experience
- Grade 10 with a minimum of 3 years working experience in Bulk Cargo, Rail/Road or a similar working environment.
- Attention to details
- Terminal Layout
- Stack Positions
- Position Ring-Fenced to the Kendal Community in Mpumalanga
- Proof of residential address must be attached / proof of address from the ward councillor.
- Confirmation of the voters roll which must be obtained from the local Municipality.
- Indicate Last School Attended and Certified Copy of School Report/Matric
- Certified copy of ID
- Write the Reference Number on the CV
- If any of the above documents are not attached, application will be deemed invalid
Please drop off CV together with the supporting documentation to:
Ogies Transnet Freight Rail Depot, Main Road, Ogies, 2230
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The post Transnet: Port Worker/General Worker appeared first on Latest Jobs.