About the jobTo execute P1 & P2 program, preventative maintenance and continuous improvement of plant equipment in line with GMP and OHSACT provisions.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure adherence to quality standards, procedures, policies and practices
- Resolve maintenance related quality deviations
- Execute preventative maintenance and/or scheduled maintenance, always adhering to high standards of workmanship
- Adhere to HACCP and CIP protocols
- Comply with housekeeping standards: ensure that work area and machinery is kept clean at all times, clean work areas and machinery as required
Food Safety and Quality
- Ensure adherence to Food Safety and Quality principles as included in the policies, procedures, product specifications and processes. This also includes general Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and hygiene practices.
- Identify and report any potential Food Safety & Quality and GMP deviations and hazards.
- Ensure optimal functioning of the equipment in assigned area of responsibility by executing preventative and reactive maintenance duties as per standard
- Minimize stoppages and increase plant availability by implementing plant maintenance strategies.
- Execute maintenance tasks within budget (i.e., reduce spare parts consumption where possible and attempt to curtail costs associated with breakdowns)
- Continuously identify cost effective ways of delivering world class service, identify cost saving initiatives and recommend improvements
- Lead maintenance specific problem solving initiatives
- Complete required maintenance documentation: use information to analyze machine performance (i.e., establish trends, etc.)
- Execute breakdown and scheduled maintenance within the agreed time frame
- Monitor the performance of equipment in assigned area of responsibility and ensure smooth operation at all times
- Assist in assembling, commissioning and decommissioning equipment in assigned area of responsibility
- Make use of problem solving techniques (root cause analysis) to establish the reason why breakdowns occur in order to eliminate such breakdowns from recurring.
- Uphold Good Manufacturing Practice principles.
- Complete Job cards and follow DAMAWAY procedures and processes
- Complete all required documentation as required (maintenance, safety, quality, etc.)
- Participate Safety dialogues and walk-abouts
- Be the custodian of the Company Values and CODES
- Monitor KPIs and participate actively in initiatives aimed at achieving targets set.
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development (subject to budgetary constraints) and performance
- Ensure adherence to the environment policies, procedures and standards
- Adhere to safety regulations, procedures and policies
- Identify and report safety hazards
- Participate in safety incident/accident investigations as required
- Participate in safety dialogues as per guidelines
- Participate in safety audits and action plan implementation as and when required
- Comply with LOTO procedures and perform work in a safe manner at all times
Completed S4 Mechanical / Electrical Engineering (H/C) – GCC Ready
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- P1 & P2 program schedule adherence and completion of reports
- Machine availability
- Operational Efficiency (OE)
- Plant Service Level (On Time In Full)
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS
- Solid knowledge of engineering theory
- Passionate about engineering methodologies/strategies and best practice
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Committed to deadlines and quick turnaround times
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, excellent interpersonal skills
- Results driven, self-motivated, pro-active and inquisitive
- Excellent service orientation
- Taking accountability for tasks through to completion
About usWe offer:
A job which could easily turn in to a career in Danone. We believe everyone is born with superpowers, something which comes natural to you. We know this uniqueness is something which brings both excellence as well as energy, so we believe in all Danoner’s potential and when we build careers based on these superpowers and when we develop everyone’s potential to the fullest magic happens. This is how we like to see Talent Management in Danone.
This is a highly visible position within Danone; you will interact with Internal – Marketing, Sales Supply chain, SSD and External – Suppliers, CO-packers. Challenge, innovate, convince and find alignment when needed. This role has no direct reports.