This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Operating Division : TPT Ngqura CT
Position Title : Port Worker
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Department : Operations
Location : Ngqura
Reporting To :
Grade Level : HRLYL1
Reference Number : 2021358
The provision of labour as directed by supervision in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimized cargo operation.
1. Cleaning of operational equipment (such as ship to shore cranes windows , cranes cabins etc)
2. Inspection of container condition
3. Reefer monitoring operations
4. Opening and closing of rail wagons twist-locks
5. Loading , off loading and stacking of cargo in compliance of standard operating procedures
6. Hooking / unhooking
7. Tarpin / untarping where applicable
8. Place / remove dunnage
9. Cleaning of operational areas , rail trucks ,plant , workshops, offices , sheds and ablution facilities as instructed
10. Compete applicable documentation i.e. accidents reports
11. Identification of correct cargo handling equipment / gear
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric with minimum of 2 years as port worker / general
- Terminal Layout
- Stack positions