A career opportunity exists for the right candidate in East Rand – Glynwood
Reference No: 708548
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Site Courier. This is a Permanent position based at East Rand – Glynwood.
- Provide a messenger and general administrative support function to a laboratory/ site.
Minimum Criteria Required:
- Grade 10
- Grade 12 preferable
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Relevant Job Knowledge:
- Computer literate
- Organisational policy procedures
Key Performance Areas:
- Performs hospitals rounds, deliver reports and collect samples for processing in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures to facilitate work flow.
- Sorts and distributes internal/courier mail to ensure correct delivery of mail to departments.
- Takes telephonic messages to ensure operational standards and company image are maintained.
- Assists with receiving specimens in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures.
- Assists with dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures.
- Scans specimen bar codes to support specimen tracking processes.
- Ensures basic housekeeping in own working area according to set standard operating procedures.
- Delivers stock to wards and doctors rooms to ensure the availability of required materials at all times.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts with medical professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Apply health and safety good practice in accordance with relevant legislation and standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to Lancet uniform protocols as set standard operating procedures.
- If required by the region: perform the following Meditech functions once deemed competent on-site: Dictionary Enquiries, Result Enquiries, Result Printing, Mailbox system (MOX)
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Adherence to company dress code
- Attention To Detail
- Confidentiality / Sensitivity
- Customer Orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Telephone etiquette
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level.
Covid -19 Vaccination Requirements:
Lancet Labs is committed to providing a safe working environment for employees, patients, clients, visitors and members of the public with whom we interact regularly. We believe that vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and spread of COVID-19 cases in the workplace and is the key element in a multi layered approach to protect staff. All applicants will need to provide a valid certificate of full vaccination status and agrees to booster vaccinations, as the country’s vaccination policy changes, with the possibility of additional booster shots if required. Lancet Laboratories reserves the right to apply its vaccination policy when screening applications.