General Workers x 14
GL122393Pietermaritzburg, Kwazulu-Natal, South AfricaPosted Date05/10/2022OperativesFull-timePermanentRotational ShiftHours/week 45Supply ChainDHL Supply Chain (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd.No travel requiredNo relocation offered
Job available in 2 categories.
- Warehouse and Package Handling
BE PART OF THE WORLDS LARGEST LOGISTICS COMPANY
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the worldâ€™s leading logistics and mail company.
Were one of the worlds largest employers, operating in over 220 countries and territories. Were Europes largest postal service, partner for eCommerce and pioneers in secure digital communication. Were number one in contract logistics and international express delivery, and a leader in the forwarding business.
Join us and youll be working for a global company thats focused on service, quality and sustainability, and using the power of global trade to connect people and improve lives.
And not just for our Customers, but for every member of our Group too.
At DHL Supply Chain South Africa weâ€™reÂ looking forâ€¦
General Workers x 14
This is a busy, fast paced operation which offers many challenges and opportunities for the right person. These positions are based at Ndlovu Park, Pietermaritzburg.
|â€¢ To contribute to a productive working environment|
|â€¢ To work within any operating area and perform additional duties, as determined by Management and theÂ Â Â Â Â Â needs of the Business|
|â€¢ De-stacking, labelling, sorting products and taking out damages|
|â€¢ Ensure that damages are kept to a minimum|
|â€¢ Sorting and collating damages on a daily basis|
|â€¢ Be actively involved in and support change initiatives|
|â€¢ Honesty – pride in your job and an eye for detail|
|â€¢ Ensure housekeeping in the area is up to standard|
|â€¢ Operate with integrity and ethical values|
|â€¢ Perform tasks according to the Standard Operating Procedures|
|â€¢ Correct use of equipment and to timeously report any defects / faults|
|â€¢ Participation in stock counts|
|â€¢ Parcelling, wrapping or tying of goods|
|â€¢ Operate a hand operated pallet jack|
|â€¢ Inspect stock integrity|
|â€¢ Report and record any non conformity with regards to the customers merchandise or unsafe acts|
|â€¢ Handle goods with care to minimise damages|
|â€¢ Maintain a high level of hygiene in the work area|
|â€¢ Complete tasks timeously|
|â€¢ Adhere to the Unit’s SHE rules and best practices|
|â€¢ Ensure that product safety, quality and integrity is not compromised|
|â€¢ Report any persons behaviour that may impact on the safety, quality and integrity of the stored product|
|â€¢ Manual handling|
|Conduct all communication in a polite and professional manner, which promotes respect, goodwill and trust.|
|â€¢ Working in a safe environment|
- Operational team
- Demonstrates a positive and respectful attitude towards others
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Delivers excellent customer service
- Works safely within the health, safety and environmental guidelines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure & adapt easily to changing environment
- Tertiary qualification (Desirable)
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- To co-ordinate movement of stock out of site in a manner to maximise profit
- Product knowledge
- Knowledge of clientâ€™s requirements and customer needs
- Person should have a good understanding of quality as a key value
- Awareness of importance of security
- Operational knowledge and understanding of service delivery
- React to customers in a courteous and professional manner and maintain the highest level of integrity
- 1-2 yearsâ€™ experience of working in Warehousing / Logistics environment
- English – verbal and written.