NMU online application for 2023
The Nelson Mandela University (NMU) Online Application window for admission to undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees), Honors degrees & postgraduate diplomas, and Master’s & doctoral qualifications for the 2023 academic year is now open 19 MAY 2023.
Faculties at NMU:
- Business and Economic Sciences
- Engineering, Built Environment & IT
- Health Sciences
Your online application form must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- a certified copy of your most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (not March results), or
- a certified copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- certified copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a certified copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian/surety if you are a dependant, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the University.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject-specific % pass marks do not meet the direct entry requirements for your chosen programme, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your faculty-specific requirements.
- You can track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and SMS. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are admitted, you will receive an orientation guide together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is depended on:
- your final school-leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or
- the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
HOW TO APPLY:
2023 Closing Dates:
Prospective undergraduate, postgraduate and international students who wish to join Nelson Mandela University in 2023 are invited to apply online.
- 31 May 2023 for MBChB applicants with the NBT (if applicable) to be written by no later than 31 July 2022.
- 30 June 2023 for Bachelor of Radiography (Diagnostic) applications.
- 4 August 2023 for early applications (excluding MBChB & BRad)
- 30 September 2023 for late applications (excluding MBChB & BRad)
- 30 September 2023 for international student applications (excluding MBChB)
2) Student Accommodation (On-Campus & Off-Campus)
- Closing date: 30 September 2023
3) International Applicants
- International student applications (excluding MBChB & BRad): 30 September 2023 (application fee of R500)