Full Job Description
-We have an exciting position for a Fitter at Sishen Mine. You will be responsible to perform ad hoc mechanical maintenance on equipment and machinery in a safe and cost-effective manner to maximise equipment reliability and availability, whilst enabling the achievement of production targets. To conduct work on various equipment pieces (HME)
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible
Kumba Iron Ore
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
-As a Fitter you will provide services to maximize equipment reliability and availability, whilst enable the achievement of production target and as required your responsibilities will include:
- Adhering to all health and safety practices requirements and promote good housekeeping to ensure compliance
- Maintaining and test all equipment / machinery to ensure functionality, safety, reliability and availability, complete jobs within specified timeframes and budgetary limits
- Conducting inspections to identify possible failure and repair or raise notifications for repairs
- Ensuring effective maintenance of plant equipment and related machinery to ensure optimal utilisation and availability towards maximising production and throughput schedules
- Executing work as per Operating Model standards and procedures
- Supporting relevant personnel by ensuring that RCA, as well as the necessary plant and equipment maintenance preparations and tasks are done in accordance with Standard Maintenance Practice, to contribute to the achievement of improving work practices and operational targets
This role is in the Engineering department at a J4.2 level reporting to the Supervisor.
-You will need to have the following:
- Grade 12/N3 Technical
- Technical N2 certificate
- Recognised Fitter Trade Test
- Valid South African Driver’s license
- Experience in a HME environment is mandatory
- 2 years’ experience gained as a Fitter (Artisan)
Who We Are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet, that means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process
Preferential consideration will be given to candidates from host communities in line with our Social and Labour Plan commitments.
Anglo American / De Beers Group collects and processes personal data in accordance with the relevant regulations.
By applying for this job, you provide consent that your personal details, including your fingerprints, can be used to conduct background screening where appropriate.