Artisan Bricklayer within the Workshop division. The job details are as follows:
Position: Artisan Bricklayer: Workshop
Reference Number: 2023/323
Salary: R220,533 per annum (OSD Salary package)
Centre: Cape Town Regional Office
- The incumbent should be capable of climbing ladders for inspections, working in confined spaces, and performing maintenance on Government Buildings.
- A Trade Test in Electrical in terms of the provision of Section 13(2) (h) of the Manpower training act, 1981, as amended, or a certificate issued under the provision of the repeal section 27 of the Act, with relevant three years or more experience after qualifying as an Artisan.
- A Valid Code 8/C1 Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 and Regulations.
- A general knowledge of their respective Trades.
- General knowledge of tools, equipment, and machinery in the workshop.
- Compiling material quantities per project.
- Maintenance of all Government Buildings, including new work on buildings.
- Willingness to work overtime if and when required.
- Compiling progress reports on projects.
- Monitoring Artisan assistants and Learners.
- Reporting directly to Artisan Superintendent.
- Vast knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993.
- Participation in various expeditions, including other Islands (Marion, Gough & Antarctica) & Robben Island.
Enquiries: Mr. M Stephens Tel No: (021) 402 2334
Applications: Cape Town Regional Office Applications: The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X9027, Cape Town, 8000 Or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Customs House, Lower Heerengracht Street, Cape Town.
For Attention: Ms. C Rossouw
If you’re interested in this position, make sure you fulfill the specified requirements and are comfortable with the duties and expectations listed. You can apply as directed and contact Mr. M Stephens if you have any inquiries about the role.
The post Artisan Bricklayer Needed within the Workshop division appeared first on CAREERS PLUG.