Registrar at the KwaZulu-Natal Division of The High Court in Durban. The key details are as follows:
Reference Number: 2023/288/OCJ
Salary: R293,847 – R1,005,801 per annum (MR3 – MR5), based on Occupation Specific Dispensation determination.
- LLB Degree or a four (4) year Legal qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years legal experience obtained after qualification.
- Superior Court or Litigation experience is advantageous.
- MR3: LLB Degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience in the legal profession.
- MR4: LLB Degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 8 years post-qualification experience in the legal profession.
- MR5: LLB Degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 14 years post-qualification experience in the legal profession.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Computer literacy.
- Numerical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning, organizing, and control.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Conflict management.
- Strong work ethics.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Coordinating Case Flow Management support services to the Judiciary and Prosecution.
- Managing the issuing of all processes initiating Court proceedings.
- Managing criminal and civil trials, motions, pre-trials, mental health, petition, appeal, and review processes.
- Handling quasi-judicial functions such as default judgment and taxations.
- Maintaining criminal and civil record books.
- Authenticating documents for international use.
- Supervising and managing staff.
- Providing practical training and assistance to Registrars’ Clerks.
- Ensuring annotation of relevant publications, codes, acts, and rules.
- Attending to and executing requests from the Judiciary regarding cases and case-related matters.
- Exercising control over the safekeeping of case records and the record room.
- Dealing with files in terms of the relevant codes and Legislation.
- Technical Related Enquiries: Mrs K Marais at (087) 106 1780
- HR Related Enquiries: Ms SZ Mvuyana Tel No: (031) 492 6206
If you are interested in applying for this position, make sure to carefully review the requirements and duties, and consider reaching out to the provided contact information for any additional information or clarifications you might need before submitting your application.
The post Registrar | KwaZulu-Natal Division of The High Court in Durban appeared first on CAREERS PLUG.