Maintenance Manager for Animal Sanctuary Farm needed: APPLY HERE
Job Type: Full-time
Animal Sanctuary Farm – Maintenance Manager Vacancy
Our Philadelphia (Cape Town) based organization is seeking an experienced Sanctuary (Farm) Manager to oversee all aspects of maintenance management of an equine and canine sanctuary. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively and efficiently manage staff members and oversee the daily maintenance needs of the sanctuary facilities, equipment, and grounds.
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
The Sanctuary Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing maintenance, repairs, procurement of materials and supplies, schedule and coordinate and oversee third party vendors and contracted services, and project manage facility improvements, repairs, and maintenance of The Animal Sanctuary property, performing hands-on work on the properties as required.
You are responsible for the management and supervision of all maintenance support staff. You will regularly brief the Management team on maintenance matters, and will provide timely advice, feedback and reports. You are also required to oversee and/or assist with the organization, standardization and coordination of all operations, procedures, policies, and resource, to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of The Sanctuary.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TYPICAL ACTIVITIES
1) Responsible for all day-to-day facility maintenance related operations including scheduled maintenance, repairs, upgrades, work requests, and emergency situations.
2) Oversees multiple third-party vendors and subcontractors.
3) Work with subcontractors to perform repairs as needed and inspect their completed work.
4) Provide on-going maintenance and repair of all Sanctuary facilities, dog yards, stables, residential housing and all Sanctuary property.
5) Perform minor electrical, carpentry, dry plumbing, painting and flooring work.
6) Perform preventative maintenance work on a regular basis and complete repairs requested or identified by inspection.
7) Maintain a work-log to document all maintenance work performed.
8) Maintain parking lots, fencing, grounds and perform seasonal maintenance, mowing, hedge trimming and general garden and grounds up keep.
9) Waste Removal management
10) Pest Control management
11) Maintain and repair furniture, fixtures, and equipment
12) Coordinate and assist with additional cleaning, moving furniture and equipment as needed, and ensure staff are maintaining cleanliness in the common areas of the buildings and grounds
13) Monitor fire/safety/security equipment, and work with program staff to assure a safe and secure environment
14) Conduct walk around inspections weekly and record results, track the resolution of results.
15) Preventative Maintenance
16) Vehicle Fleet Management – Maintain organisation’s fleet of vehicles, including coordination of licensing, registration, servicing and repairs
17) Procure and maintain an inventory of all equipment, materials, and supplies relating to maintenance department needs
18) Monitor correspondence via email, correspond with sanctuary staff to assess issues and coordinate timing and access to ensure rapid responses maintenance needs
19) Maintain cooperation and positive relationships with staff, clients, partner agencies, volunteers and donors, contractors, public officials, and the general public.
Key Skills and competencies
· Must be able to work independently
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Team working and resource mobilization skills
· Must have excellent problem-solving skills
· Flexibility and adaptability are essential
· Must have experience Farm/Small Holding Maintenance Experience
· Must have basic carpentry, general plumbing and basic electrical skills
· Must have excellent contactable references
· Must have own transport to and from Philadelphia
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills
· Excellent Computer Proficiency
· Must have a valid driver’s license and minimum 5 years driving experience
· Must be familiar with Cape Town and surrounding areas
· MUST LOVE ANIMALS
WORK SCHEDULE – Work Schedule Requirement
· Standby duty is required
· Overnight stays may be required – Overnight accommodation will be provided as and when needed
A competitive market-related salary will be offered based on qualifications and experience. Shortlisted applicants will be expected to undergo a panel interview and will be required to undergo a practical training assessment.
Job Type: Full-time
Farm Maintenance Management: 3 years (Required)
read and write English very well (Required)
Motor Vehicle License (Required)
Application Deadline: 2023/08/25