Sales Manager needed urgently: APPLY HERE
Job Type: Full-time
Responsible for the total sales effort of the hotel in line with overall financial and business strategies and objectives, by generating new ideas and revenue in a pro-active manner, maximizing sales in all areas, however with a specific focus on STO Sales i.e.(International and Domestic Leisure Portfolio).
1. To devise, implement, and develop the hotel and region’s strategy, as agreed, to ensure we are heading in the right direction in order to meet and/or exceed budgets.
2. To represent the hotel to new potential clients in a professional manner, with in-house and external appointments, achieving 20 quality appointments and 40 tele sales per week.
3. To provide comprehensive reports highlighting successes and opportunities.
4. To produce action plans that are SMART, ensuring that agreed actions are performed and thereafter monitor results.
5. To produce, when necessary, reactive initiatives in order to address unforeseen situations.
6. To work closely with the Hotel Manager having regular feedback updates to ensure communication is of a high level.
7. To attend monthly financial review meetings as set out.
8. To attend company meetings or training courses as necessary.
9. To hold and host client evenings etc.
10. To assist with the recruitment of departmental employees.
11. To carry out all administration, as specified.
12. To prepare the annual business plan/budget in conjunction with the management team and be responsible for setting K.R.A’s.
13. To monitor the established sales system and ensure the procedures are adhered to and updated.
14. To collate the relevant information for the General Managers monthly review / report.
15. To ensure that all Sales staff have a good product knowledge.
16. To attend revenue and sales meetings to ensure sales strategy is being carried out in all the sales areas.
17. To ensure good communication with all other departments at all levels of personnel by ensuring Sales personnel attend other departmental meetings and to present sales and Marketing overviews.
18. To maintain communication with RH Hotels and Marketing Corporate Office and instigate Corporate Sales Policies, attend sales meetings and carry out sales blitzes when require.
19. To ensure departmental costs are kept in line with the budget and accounting procedures are followed by the sales team.
20. To be responsible for all sales collateral pertaining to the hotel and to ensure that this conforms to the corporate standard and style.
21. To be aware of and act in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
22. To travel as required.
23. To attend training sessions as required.
24. To carry out specific projects and research as required.
25. To establish client relationships, satisfaction and retention through high – level sales service excellence.
26. To negotiate rates effectively and contract annually.
27. To effectively action MIS reporting and follow up.
28. To meet and exceed monthly Hotel Budgets and Regional Targets.
29. To compile weekly, monthly, quarterly sales reports.
30. To effectively devise, implement and carry out Sales Actions in accordance with the Sales Business Plan and Hotel Business Plan.
31. To assist the entire sales team in meeting and exceeding national sales targets, from respective portfolios.
32. To review GM commentary and Travel Click Reports.
33. To understand all of the properties within the RH Hotels’ Portfolio.
34. To understand hotel Rates Structures and discount procedures.
1. Excellent knowledge of selling techniques and procedures.
2. Good communication skills, social skills.
3. Organisational and planning ability.
4. Creative and outgoing.
5. Approachable and good listening techniques.
6. Be in possession of an academic matric certificate and the relevant tertiary qualification -diploma or degree.
7. Essential to have a minimum of 5 years of Hospitality or Travel Industry, sales experience and client knowledge.
8. Have a general understanding of the respective market segments and requirements within the Travel and Hospitality sales arenas.
9. Be computer literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
10. Highly motivated and performance-driven.
11. Be proactive and solution-orientated.
12. Be able to operate within an extremely pressurized environment.
13. Has a passion for Service Excellence.
14. Have a positive attitude.
15. Be efficient, accurate and punctual.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Cape Town, Western Cape: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Sale Manager Hotel: 5 years (Required)