The Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary 2024 for South Africans who aspire to pursue any commerce degree
The Coronation Exceptional Student Bursary is looking for students who aspire to pursue any commerce degree, along with an exceptional track record. If you’ve got your sights set on the stars and are willing to put in exceptional effort, you could earn a place on the Company’s high-performance team. The bursary programme seeks to provide full support to well-rounded individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds. In return, the bursary requires work-back commitment once their degree is completed.
Who can apply
Applicants should be well rounded and demonstrate character, leadership potential, and altruism. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students.
Current Grade 12 Students
- South African citizens enrolling for full time studies at a South African university in 2024.
- Aspirations to pursue any undergraduate commerce-related degree.
- An exceptional academic track record that averages at least 75%.
Current University Students
- South African citizens enrolled for full time studies at a South African university in 2023 and 2024.
- Currently pursuing any commerce-related degree, and require funding as an undergraduate in 2024.
- An exceptional academic track record that averages at least 70%.
Please prepare the following documents:
- A one-page statement clearly setting out why you have chosen your field of study and how you intend to use it after graduation.
- One letter of recommendation from an individual who can speak to your personal character and/or your academic performance. This person should not be a relative or friend. Please include their telephone details.
- A certified copy of your barcoded ID.
- A copy of your CV.
- Proof of your family’s monthly income. (e.g. salary slips or if unemployed, an affidavit to support this. Please include any SASSA grants)
- All high school applicants must attach a certified copy of their grade 11 reports and matric reports to date. If applicable, please provide proof of provisional university acceptance.
- All tertiary students must submit certified copies of their grade 11 report, their matric results and their most recent official transcript. For applicants that have enrolled at multiple institutions during their tertiary studies, please combine all your transcripts into one document.
- Proof of registration for students currently enrolled at a tertiary institution.
For applicants under the age of 18, to comply with POPI regulations a signed consent form completed by your parent/legal guardian along with a certified copy of their proof of identity is required. You can download the guardian consent form by clicking HERE.