Tradesman Aid – Workshop
Job Advertisement: Tradesman Aid – Workshop
Ref No: 2023/329
Salary: R147 036 per annum
Centre: Cape Town Regional Office
- Grade 10/Standard 8 qualification.
- Relevant workshop experience in Electrical/Carpentry or Building.
- Knowledge of operating equipment, workshop tools, and machinery.
- Good communication skills and effective reporting ability.
- Familiarity with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993.
- A valid driver’s license will be considered an added advantage.
As a Tradesman Aid in the Workshop, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Artisans with repair and maintenance work in Government Buildings, including remote locations like Other Islands (Marion, Gough & ANTARCTICA).
- Taking care of hand tools, machines, and electric tools.
- Performing minor repair and maintenance work.
- Identifying maintenance and repair needs.
- Carrying, loading, and off-loading tools and materials.
- Checking faults for necessary repairs and maintenance.
- Maintaining housekeeping of workshop and plant rooms to comply with Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993.
- Climbing ladders for inspections, working in confined spaces, and conducting maintenance on Government Buildings.
For inquiries, you can contact the following individuals:
- Mr. T. Mudau at Tel No: (021) 402 2333
- Mr. M.G. Stephens at Tel No: (021) 402 2334
- Mr. M. Porta Nova at Tel No: (021) 402 2348
Submit your application to the Cape Town Regional Office:
- By mail to The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X9027, Cape Town, 8000.
- Hand deliver at Ground floor, Customs House, Lower Heerengracht Street, Cape Town.
Address your application to Ms. C Rossouw.
MORE JOBS https://www.dpsa.gov.za/