Telkom Operator position at the Western Cape Rehabilitation Centre:
Position: Telkom Operator
- Vacancy Number: POST 28/346
- Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services
- Salary: R171,537 per annum
- Centre: Western Cape Rehabilitation Centre
- Minimum educational qualification: General Education & Training Certificate (GETC) / Grade 9 (std 7).
- Experience: Appropriate experience in operating a high-volume switchboard in a hospital environment. Appropriate experience of general reception (Helpdesk) duties.
- Inherent requirements of the job: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape. Physically able to hear and speak clearly.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Appropriate knowledge and ability to operate Switchboard equipment, a messaging and paging system effectively and efficiently. Excellent listening skills and telephone etiquette. Computer literacy in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Manage switchboard, handle efficient communication (both internally and externally) of incoming and outgoing calls, answer telephonic queries, and deliver messages.
- Handle all telecommunication equipment and related tasks, ensuring that the switchboard and telephone equipment are in working order, and report all faults to supervisor/relevant persons.
- Maintain internal telephone directory.
- Provide feedback on the operational running of the component and support supervisor by adhering to the Code of Conduct for the Public Service.
- Provide a general reception and administrative support service to patients, the public, and staff.
- Monitor telephone accounts and distribute monthly reports to departments.
- Contact person: Mr. G Viljoen
- Telephone: (021) 370-2368
- Applicants should apply online through the website: www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs (click on “online applications”).
- No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
- The closing date for applications is September 1, 2023.