About Herbert Smith Freehills
Herbert Smith Freehills is one of the prominent law firms across the globe that legally advises the most powerful, ambitious, and largest organizations in the world. HSF offers premium, full-service legal advice with the help of over 3500 lawyers and 2000+ business service professionals that work in HSF offices spread across the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific, and North America.
The company gives utmost importance to the knowledge, skills, and ideas of its people. It strives to create a work environment that promotes high performance. This is to deliver tailored solutions to the clients as per their professional and personal circumstances.
Herbert Smith Freehills has tapped into the global market with a strong 24-office network and deployment of world-class litigation and corporate teams. The company’s heritage returns to 100+ years as a leading company advisor in two G20 nations. Not just that, HSF also holds a pioneering record of delivering top-class tech and innovative legal operations.
Herbert Smith Freehills (HSF) Bursary South Africa 2024
Herbert Smith Freehills (HSF) invites applications from talented youth for their bursary programme which will help them lead the path of success in the law profession.
The bursary will be in the amount of R40, 000 (forty thousand rand only). HSF will award two deserving South African students towards a Postgraduate Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) in 2024..
Along with the amount, the awardees will also get an opportunity to join HSF for a week during 2024 for hands-on work experiences at the firm’s vibrant office in Johannesburg.
HSF will directly transfer the bursary amount to the successful student’s university in the form of tuition fees for the year 2024 only (once-off awards ONLY).
Note: HSF will not cover further bursaries for the subsequent years of studies through this program.
Students willing to apply for the Herbert Smith Freehills Bursary must abide by the following criteria:
- Applicant must be in their 3rd or final year of an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree (such as Commerce, Arts, or Social Sciences) majoring in Law. Must have the intention to register for a post-graduate Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB) in 2024
- Even students who will be entering their penultimate year of an undergraduate LLB degree in 2024 can apply.
It is a non-exclusive award. Hence, applicants receiving awards from other funders may apply.
Students fulfilling the above criteria may apply. HSF will consider the following criteria (along with other factors) when awarding bursary:
- Academic performance
- Passionate about a career in law
- Financial need
- Compatibility with the values of HSF: applicant’s character must align with what HSF stands for.
How to Apply?
To apply for the HSF bursary programme, students must apply online at the following link:
Herbert Smith Freehills Bursary Programme 2024 Application
Selected candidates must appear for a brief interview.
Students willing to apply for the HSF Bursary must submit the following documents along with the application form:
- A detailed CV/resume outlining your educational background, experiences, and achievements
- Official academic records from all the universities you have attended or are currently studying at
- ID document
- A personal statement (maximum 500 words) stating your passion for pursuing a career in law and the reason why you think you deserve this award
- Share any other details about your interests, hobbies, unique skills, social responsibility endeavors, part-time work, etc., and other supporting documents, such as job experiences, certificates, reference letters, etc., that will strengthen your application.
The application deadline is 31 August 2023.
For any queries about HSF Bursary 2024, contact the HSF Johannesburg office:
Tel: +27 (0) 10 500 2600
Documents and Mail: +27 (0) 11 327 6230
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.