Civic Services Clerk positions:
Position: Civic Services Clerk (6 positions)
Salary Level: R241,485 to R281,559 per annum (Level 6)
Centers and Reference Numbers:
- Free State: Large Office: Bloemfontein – REF NO: HRMC 56/23/9a
- Gauteng: Large Office: Pretoria – REF NO: HRMC 56/23/9b
- Gauteng: Medium Office: Soshanguve – REF NO: HRMC 56/23/9c
- KwaZulu-Natal: Medium Office: Empangeni – REF NO: HRMC 56/23/9d
- North West: Large Office: Klerksdorp (2 Posts) – REF NO: HRMC 56/23/9e
- Undergraduate qualification in Public Management / Public Administration / Social Sciences at NQF level 6, and DHA Qualification: Home Affairs Services at NQF level 5, recognized by SAQA
- Basic understanding of Civic Service operations
- Sound knowledge of the Batho Pele Principles
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Computer literacy
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Financial administration skills
- Sound interpersonal relations
- Attention to detail
- Client orientation and customer focus
- Record and time management
The Civic Services Clerk’s responsibilities include:
- Processing Civic Services applications and issuing documents according to procedures
- Providing administrative support in the office
- Handling enquiries and performing online verifications
- Greeting customers warmly and professionally
- Operating the live capture photo booth
- Verifying, validating, and capturing client information on the system
- Scanning client supporting documents online
- Examining processed fingerprints and evaluating their validity for entry into the fingerprint identification system
- Receiving, scanning, and filing smartcards
- Processing collections of ID smart cards for clients
- Processing applications for Identity Documents, Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths, Late Registration, Rectification, Amendment of particulars, and issuing citizenship documents
- Free State: Mr C Mgwadleka, Tel No: (051) 410 3912
- Gauteng: Mr P Mlangeni, Tel No: (011) 242 9039
- KwaZulu-Natal: Ms N Ngema, Tel No: (033) 845 5003
- North West: Mr L Appels, Tel No: (018) 397 9908/22
Directions to Applicants
Closing Date: 8 September 2023
- Applications must be sent to the correct address specified at the bottom of the last position, on or before the closing date.
- Applicants must submit their applications on the New Application for Employment Form (Z.83), obtainable at www.gov.za.
- Ensure that you fully complete parts A, B, C, D, and F of the New Z83 application form.
- Your application should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV that includes:
- Start and end dates of each employment period.
- Detailed duties for each employment period.
- Details of at least two contactable employment references (as recent as possible).
- Shortlisted candidates will need to submit the following documents on or before the day of the interview:
- Copy of their ID document.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Relevant highest educational qualifications.
- Applicants with foreign qualifications must submit evaluated results from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Preference, where applicable, may be given to:
- Unemployed youth/graduates.
- Those who have successfully completed skills development programmes.
- Candidates who satisfy the inherent requirements of the post and reside close to the office location.
- Shortlisted candidates will go through an interview and technical assessment(s).
- The technical assessment(s) will assess the candidates’ demonstrated professional and technical competency against the job requirements and duties.
- Candidates potentially suitable after the interview and technical test(s) will undergo employment suitability checks, including credit, criminal, citizenship, employment references, and qualification verifications.
Appointed persons will be required to:
- Serve a prescribed probation period.
- Obtain security clearance appropriate to the post within the prescribed timeframe.