Job Opportunity: Assistant Store Manager – Carnival Mall
Employer: Clicks Group
Industry: Wholesale & Retail Trade
Job Category: Retail Operations
Remuneration: Market Related
EE Position: No
Are you passionate about retail and service excellence? Do you have the confidence to drive sales and build customer loyalty to ensure a competitive advantage for the brand? An exciting opportunity is available for an Assistant Store Manager at Carnival Mall. The successful candidate will report to the Store Manager.
To support the Store Manager in ensuring the efficient operation of the store and service excellence by driving sales, building customer loyalty, and meeting sales, profit, and compliance targets, ultimately leading to a competitive advantage for the brand.
- Maximize sales through promotional activities, cross-selling, up-selling, and superior customer service.
- Efficiently manage store operations, including expenses, stock, shrinkage, housekeeping, and administration.
- Maintain visual merchandising standards in line with the brand image.
- Motivate and direct staff to achieve targets and manage the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Ensure staffing according to the labor policy and relevant labor model.
- Implement customer service initiatives, drive customer loyalty, and achieve club card participation targets.
- Handle administrative responsibilities, including time and attendance and HR records.
- Support the company’s vision to be the preferred health and beauty retailer by living and promoting company values.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Grade 12 (Maths 50% and English 50%)
- Relevant Retail/Business Management qualification (External applicants)
- Desirable: Degree in Relevant Retail/Business Management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an assistant store management role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment or successful completion of the Clicks Trainee Store Management Programme
- Financial management experience (budgets, profit and loss statements, financial ratios, etc.)
Job Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding and application of financial management principles
- Retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Knowledge of stock, cost, risk, and compliance management procedures
- Knowledge of customer service excellence
- Knowledge of labor legislation and IR practices
- Knowledge of people management
- Knowledge of competency-based interviewing
- Numeracy skills
- Results and target-driven
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Following instructions and procedures
- Planning and Organizing
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Working with people
- Leading and Supervising
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Please note that only applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity.