Position: Artisan Bricklayer: Workshop
Reference Number: 2023/399
Re-advertisement: Applicants who applied previously are encouraged to re-apply.
Salary: R220,533 per annum (OSD Salary package)
Location: Cape Town Regional Office
- Trade Test in Bricklayer in accordance with Section 13(2)(h) of the Manpower Training Act, 1981, as amended, or a certificate issued under the repealed Section 27 of the Act.
- Relevant experience in the field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 and Regulations.
- General knowledge of tools, equipment, and machinery in the workshop.
Artisan Bricklayer Duties:
- Compile material quantities per project.
- Maintain all Government Buildings, including new work on buildings.
- Willingness to work overtime when required.
- Compile progress reports on projects.
- Monitor Artisan assistants and Learners.
- Report directly to the Artisan Superintendent.
- Vast knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993.
- Participation in various expeditions, including other Islands (Marion, Gough & Antarctica) & Robben Island.
- Inherent job requirements: Climbing ladders for inspection, working in confined spaces, and performing maintenance on Government Buildings.
- Mr. M Stephens Tel No: (021) 402 2334
- Mr. M Jumba Tel No: (021) 402 2338
- Mr.T Mudau Tel No: (021) 402 2333
Cape Town Regional Office:
The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works,
Private Bag X9027, Cape Town, 8000
Or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Customs House,
Lower Heerengracht Street, Cape Town.
For Attention: Ms. C Rossouw
CLOSING DATE: 13 October 2023 at 16H00
NOTE: With effect from 01 January 2021, DPSA approved the new Z83 Application Form (obtainable from any Public Service department); applicants are requested to use the new application form, and the Z83 form must be signed when submitted, as failure to do so will result in their application being disqualified.
Regarding the completion of the new Z83 form:
- Part A and B must be fully filled.
- Part C on the method of correspondence and contact details must be fully filled.
- Two questions relating to conditions that prevent reappointment under Part F must be fully answered.
- Page 1 must be initialed; failure to comply with the above will result in disqualification.
To streamline the recruitment process and create protective measures during the pandemic, the following measures regarding certification are in place:
- Advertisement and accompanying notes must clearly capture the requirements for certification, emphasizing that applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents upon application.
- Applicants must submit the Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV). Communication from HR regarding the requirement for certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
- The application for employment Form (Z83) provides under the section “additional information” that candidates selected for interviews will be requested to furnish additional certified information that may be requested to make the final decision.
- Certification confirms a document as a true copy of the original presented and does not validate the authenticity of the original document.
- Regulation 67 (9) requires the executive authority to ensure full satisfaction of the claims being made, which is verified through Personnel Suitability Checks.
- Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified.