The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Administration Clerk.
POSITION: ADMINISTRATION CLERK
REF NO: 3/2/1/2023/662
Directorate: Plant Production
CENTRE: Gauteng (Pretoria)
POSITION: ADMINISTRATION CLERK
REF NO: 3/2/1/2023/672
Directorate: Property Management
CENTRE: Eastern Cape (East London)
SALARY : R202 233 per annum (Level 05)
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate.
- No experience required.
Job related knowledge:
- Knowledge of clerical duties, practices as
well as the ability to capture data, operate a computer and collecting statistics.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Services.
- Knowledge of working procedures in terms of the working environment.
Job related skills:
- Language skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Planning and organisation skills
- Computer literacy
- Interpersonal relations
- Flexibility and Ability to work within a team.
- Render general clerical support services.
- Record, organise, store, capture and retrieve correspondence and data (line function).
- Update registers and statistics.
- Handle routine enquiries.
- Make photocopies and receive or send facsimiles.
- Distribute documents / packages to various stakeholders as required.
- Keep and maintain the filing system for the component.
- Type letters and / or other correspondence when required.
- Keep and maintain the incoming and outgoing document register of the component.
- Taking and drafting of minutes.
- Provide supply chain clerical support services within the component.
- Liaise within internal and external stakeholders in relation to procurement of goods and services.
- Obtain quotations complete procurement forms for the purchasing of standard office items.
- Stock control of office stationery.
- Keep and maintain the asset register of the component.
- Provide personnel administration clerical support services within the component.
- Maintain a leave register for the component.
- Keep and maintain personnel records in the
- Keep and maintain the attendance register of the component.
- Arrange travelling and accommodation.
- Provide financial administration support services in the component.
- Capture and update expenditure of the
- Check correctness of subsistence and travel claims of officials and submit to manager for approval.
- Handle telephone accounts and petty cash for the component.
ENQUIRIES: Ms A van Vuuren Tel No: (043) 701 8127 or Ms A Kili Tel No: (043) 701 8136
Mr K Petje Tel No: (012) 319 6227
Applications can be submitted by post to: Private Bag X833, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered during office hours to: 600 Lilian Ngoyi Street (formerly known as Van der Walt Street), Berea Park, Pretoria, 0002 or to Agriculture Place, 20 Steve Biko (formerly Beatrix) Street, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0083.
Applications can be forwarded by post to PO Box 1716, East London, 5200 or Hand delivered to Corner Moore Coutts Street, Ocean Terrace View, Block H, Quigney, East London, 5200
NOTE: African, Coloured, Indian and White Males and Coloured, Indian and White Females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 03 November 2023 at 16:00
NOTE: The application must include only a completed and signed new Z83 Form,