About Ruth Titilayo Educational Foundation (RTEF)
Ruth Titilayo (Iya Taiwo) – born in 1955 was extremely passionate about education and helping the less privileged. She attended Abeokuta Girls Grammar School and later the University of Ibadan in Nigeria. Her legacy went on and Ruth Titilayo Foundation was established on her 20th death anniversary.
The sole purpose of RTEF is to make quality education easily accessible to every child, as it is their basic human right, regardless of their background or circumstances. Through RTEF, children will able to accomplish quality education and explore their full potential, without any financial barriers.
Ruth Titilayo Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
A sound education is a key to building bright futures and breaking the poverty cycle in society. RTEF meticulously envisions supporting financially disadvantaged students and removing any potential barriers they face when trying to achieve quality education.
Ruth Titilayo is offering a Scholarship for Postgraduate students in the academic year 2024. This award is designed to cover tuition fees and some of the living costs. The scholarship amount may cover all your expenses or simply make a small yet significant contribution.
- Maintenance allowance up to ₦20,000
- Tuition allowance up to ₦50,000
- Further allowances such as internal travel expenses related to the research work, fieldwork or course study will be paid at the sole discretion of the Committee.
Applicants will be assessed for the Ruth Titilayo Postgraduate Scholarship as per the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- As per the information they provide in their application form
Students willing to apply for the Ruth Titilayo Postgraduate Scholarship 2024 must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must have an Undergraduate degree with 2:1 or higher
- Must have a degree from an accredited institution in Nigeria (this could be an undergraduate degree or any other further degree opted by the student)
- Must be a student when applying for the scholarship OR have been registered as a student during the last 5 years
- Final-year undergraduate students are not eligible to apply for the Ruth Titilayo Postgraduate Scholarship 2024.
The following aspects are NOT necessary but will be advantageous for the applicants and will enhance their application:
- The applicant is obtaining a Master’s degree (or similar Postgraduate qualification)
- Executing professional work or research work experience
How to Apply?
To apply for the Ruth Titilayo Postgraduate Scholarship 2024, go to the following link and click on the “Apply Now” button.
Ruth Titilayo Postgraduate Scholarship 2024 Application Form
Students need to Create an Account first before they can Log in and Apply.
Complete the application form and submit it online. Make sure to attach copies of the required documents such as two reference letters from your tutors, a personal statement, your current academic result, and other essential documents.
Email all the necessary documents to: [email protected] with your Full Name as the Subject line of the email.
Complete the application form and make sure to send all the following required documents to the above email address:
- Current school results
- A personal statement
- Written references from the 2 tutors you have listed in your application form
Students will be selected based on the relevant information they provide in their application form.
The application deadline is 31 October 2023.
Shortlisted students will be contacted from 28 January 2024 and will be invited to appear for an online interview in February 2024. In this interview, you will be asked a series of competency-based questions related to your current year studies.
Successful candidates will be granted scholarship awards right after.
For any queries related to the Ruth Titilayo Postgraduate Scholarship 2024, contact the following:
Telephone: +234 809 053 2009
Email: [email protected]