Border Management Authority invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Immigration Specialist.
Position: Immigration Specialist
Salary: R241 485 plus benefits
Port of Entry:
OR Tambo International Airport X20
Cape Town International Airport X10
Cape Town Harbour X1
King Shaka International Airport X1
Chief Dawid Stuurman International Airport X2
Peka Bridge X1
Maseru Bridge X1
MC Carthys Rest X1
Twee Rivieren X2
Port Elizabeth Harbour X2
Port of Nqura X2
Port of Richards Bay X2
- A Grade 12 Certificate as recognised by SAQA with minimum of 1 year work experience in customer care service/ law enforcement /security experience.
- A relevant 3 year tertiary qualification recognised by SAQA will serve as an advantage.
- Completion of the Cadet or Internship Programme with the Department of Home Affairs will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the South African constitution, Public Management Act and Regulations, Public Finance Management Act, Immigration Act, Refugees Act, Criminal Prosecution Act.
- Knowledge of international and Regional agreements and Instruments. – Computer literacy.
- Customer orientation and service delivery improvement orientation, within the context of legal frameworks.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Proven business partnering and stakeholder engagement.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Interrogation skills Security orientated.
- Team player
- Shift work and willingness to work
- Candidates should be prepared to relocate to others Ports of Entry should operational requirements necessitate. Preference will be given to local applicants
The successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst others, the following specific tasks:
- Exercise control over the admission and departure of persons to and from the Republic through the Port of Entry.
- Conduct clearance of travellers and signing in of crew members on arrival and departure. Ensure effective processing of asylum seekers in terms of the Refugees Act.
- Clear out conveyers upon arrival and before departure.
- Ensure effective processing of inadmissible, undesirable and prohibited persons.
- Ensure effective processing of stowaways.
Comprehensive CV’s should be accompanied by the application form downloadable from the BMA website (www.bma.gov.za) All applications should be sent to [email protected]
Ms Johannah Kabini
Email: [email protected]
HR Related Enquiries:
Ms Nthati Shakung
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 17 November 2023 @16h300
The post Border Management Authority: Immigration Specialist X65 appeared first on Careers Mason.