The Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Data Capturer vacant post.
Position: Data Capturer
DATA CAPTURER- FREE STATE (BLOEMFONTEIN)
Reference Number: CETA50
DATA CAPTURER- EASTERN CAPE (EAST LONDON)
Reference Number: CETA51
DATA CAPTURER – KZN (KWAZULU NATAL)
Reference Number: CETA52
DATA CAPTURER – WESTERN CAPE (WESTERN CAPE)
Reference Number: CETA53
JOB PURPOSE AND PROFILE
To provide administrative support, data capturing and information management services to the Client Services and Projects business unit to ensure the effective and efficient running of the unit and to assist in providing key support to the CETA in the execution of the overall strategy.
- Ensure that all required learner information is accurately captured by the Employer/ Training Provider on the indicium and QMR database.
- Draw reports from the database when requested and update report formats when required.
- Keep an up-to-date document register of QMRs received and submitted.
- Verify the achievements of learners as per the NQF qualification standards.
- Ensure that all relevant CETA registers and regulatory reports are compiled on time.
- Liaise with stakeholders and provide advocacy on required information for capturing.
- Ensure the upload of required learner documents to the system as required.
- Respond to routine queries and escalate higher-level requests to the relevant staff in the business unit as required.
- Support the development of high-quality templates and tools to assist with the effective management of and continuous improvement within the business unit’s process efficiencies.
- Provide support on the CETA’s special projects, campaigns, and events.
- Contribute to data integrity and ensure that all learner information is treated with confidentiality as per the Protection of Personal Information Act requirements.
- Assist with the coordination and compilation of reports for the business unit for review and submission.
- Assist in capacity building programmes on the use of the learner database in the various business units and provincial offices.
- Assist in identifying and adhering to fraud controls, risk prevention principles, sound governance and compliance processes, and tools to identify and manage risks.
- Support and provide evidence to all internal and external audit requirements.
- Maintain quality risk management standards in line with relevant requirements.
- Maintain and enforce all related Service Level Agreements to minimise business risk and ensure business continuity.
- Adhere to all relevant laws, policies, and Standard Operating Procedures throughout the organisation.
- Maintain electronic filing and category system for the Provincial Learning Programmes.
- Ensure that a reliable paper trail exists for all data.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of document flows and the retrieving and archiving of information in a confidential manner.
- Prepare non-routine and routine correspondence and proofread relevant documents before circulation.
- Build and maintain relationships with all CETA officers, for the purposes of expectations management and knowledge sharing.
- Provide excellent customer service to CETA internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend and address all stakeholder queries timeously and effectively.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders, employers and training providers regarding the online learner registration and other requirements.
- Provide advocacy on matters related to data management to make informed decisions.
- Implement timeous communication on progress and challenges in achieving the tactical work plans to impact stakeholders.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- A relevant qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in Data Capturing will be an added advantage-Operational.
- Construction experience would be an added advantage.
The following Attributes are necessary to succeed in this role:
- Punctual, self-discipline and a motivated team player.
- Ethical consciousness and conduct in all dealings with the matters of CETA.
- Emotionally intelligent and communicates well across all levels.
- Analytical and pay attention to detail.
- Deadline driven.
- Adaptable and problem-solver.
- Excellent negotiation and organising skills.
- Innovative and creative self-starter.
- Ability to work with difficult individuals.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
Remuneration for this role is a negotiable basic plus benefits package per annum, in line with the CETA Remuneration Policy and the applicable salary scales. A competitive package will be negotiated to attract best candidates.
The appointment will be a long-term appointment linked to CETA licence, subject to satisfactory performance as per Performance Management Policy of the CETA.
Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to vetting and assessment process by the CETA; with the successful candidates subjected to security vetting.
Interested applicants should send an application letter together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic qualifications and names of three contactable referees through CETA recruitment/vacancy portal.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes.
The CETA reserves the right to cancel this advert, and / or not to appoint.
CETA will only correspond with shortlisted candidates. If you do not receive correspondence from CETA within 4 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing date: 7 November 2023 at 23h59.
Whites, Indians and coloureds are encouraged to apply.
“CETA is committed to providing equal opportunities and practicing affirmative action employment. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender, disability) in the organisation through filling of this position and candidates whose appointment will promote representativity will receive preference”.