TsAfrika Catering Solutions General Assistant – Corporate
|Job Title||General Assistant – Corporate|
|Business Unit / Division||TsAfrika Catering Solutions|
|Job Type Classification||Fixed Term Contract|
|Location – Town / City||Bellville, Cape Town|
|Location – Province||Western Cape|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
We are recruiting a General Assistant to join our team. The General Assistant assists the Cooks and Chefs with food production, operates the cash register, serves food, and keeps the canteen and kitchen clean.
As a leading African Integrated Workplace Management Solutions Provider, Tsebo Solutions Group offers clients reduced costs, risk and complexities together with increased quality, efficiency and productivity. We specialise in Catering, Facilities Management, Cleaning and Hygiene, Pest Control, Protection, Energy, Procurement, Workspace Design, Engineering, Remote Camps, and more. Developing our people – the heart of Tsebo – is the foundation of our purpose. The result is a knowledgeable workforce that is in touch with every nuance of our client’s needs. DOWNLOAD OUR ONE-PAGER to find out more about who we are in a nutshell.
TSEBO has 52 years of experience catering to all segments across society. The successful incumbent should have extensive client interaction as well as operational experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Company and statutory regulations regarding cleanliness & hygiene are complied with within all tasks undertaken.
- To ensure that the quality standards of both customer service and operating processes, health and safety standards and food standards are met.
- Assists in the preparation of meals, especially salads and desserts.
- Places entrees, salads, desserts and other food on the serving line.
- Keeps the serving line well-stocked and clean.
- May assist in training new employees.
- Stores and records food leftovers.
- Keeps canteen tables, kitchen and other areas clean and orderly.
- To ensure that customer expectations are met within the provisions of the contract.
- To ensure a high level of customer service within the area of responsibility.
- Where applicable, ensure that stock in the designated area of responsibility is counted and signed over to the correct staff on the following shift.
- To carry out any reasonable request by management.
- To report and where possible take action when faced with customer and client complaints or compliments.
- Attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must enjoy practical and methodical work
- Be honest and reliable
- Have good hand-eye coordination
- Be able to work quickly and safely
- Have good personal hygiene
- Be free from skin allergies to foods and detergents
- Have good communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must have the stamina to work 45-50 hours per week.
- Be able to bend, stand and lift.
- Be 18 years of age
- Must have completed at least a Nationa Senior Certificate
How to apply: